We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our final 2 nights..where to stay?

Sydney
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
Our final 2 nights..where to stay?

My husband and I are are doing 3 weeks in Costa Rica, and fly out of Liberia. We have 2 nights to spare at the end and are wondering where we should stay.

We would have seen ALOT of Costa Rica by this point and will not need to be doing any of the tours. We are looking to stay on the beach in luxury and relax, but we'd like the option of dining in local areas - it doesn't have to be in the hotel - food is very important to us! We are not after a standard international buffet!

What is the nicest beach with nicest hotel close to Liberia? We would love to be able to watch absolute hoizon sunsets while having cocktails!!

Thanks! Claire

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our final 2 nights..where to stay?

There are many beaches that fit your description from Playa Conchal north to Playa Hermosa.

You could consider the Westin or Reserva Conchal, Flamingo Beach Resort, Sugar Beach Hotel, one of the many hotels in Tamarindo - including the Diria or Capitan Suizo, renting a condo or villa from Pacifico in Playas del Coco.

With either Tamarindo or Playas del Coco, you could walk around town and have a good choice of restaurants and nightlife with Tamarindo being more upscale.

Conchal or Flamingo are about 45 minutes to an hour from the airport and Playa Hermosa is 30-45 minutes.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our final 2 nights..where to stay?

Tamarindo or Coco or Playa Hermosa.

More places to eat in Tamarido.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our final 2 nights..where to stay?

Closer to LIR...nice...some places in Hermosa beach...nice sunsent views...and just 30 minutes from LIR!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Our final 2 nights..where to stay?

I would do a hotel in Tamarindo, Tamarindo Diria or Capitan Suizo. There are many choices for good restaurants in Tamarindo

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
566 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our final 2 nights..where to stay?

We just spent several days in Playa Hermosa at the Villa de Suena. Hermosa is about 30 minutes from the airport, but the town and its beach seem very far away. We originally planed 2 nights but stayed 5 because we liked the hotel and town so much. Its a blue flag beach and Playas Panama and Ochatel are very close. The restaurant at the hotel is good, Gingers is very good-delicious tapas, and Pizzeria Bocelli had very good pastas. That should keep you satisfied for 2 nights.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Our final 2 nights..where to stay?

A lot of good and really good places to eat in Tamarindo.

tripadvisor.es/Restaurants-g309253-Tamarindo…

*Sushi Club the best in Town.

*Carolinas, a Gourmet restaurant. Where Carolina is your host and make you feel at home.

*There is a Italian restaurant where all is home made. Can't get better.

Hope you enjoy your vacations in Costa Rica.

Sydney
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Our final 2 nights..where to stay?

Thankyou all for your comments!

I guess we'd love to do the 'luxury' of the Westin, but the All Inclusive really turns me off...

Four Seasons at Papagayo would have been a top choice but I do think it is too far away. We love the luxury but at the same time, still want to feel we are in Costa Rica and not such a massive hotel....

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Our final 2 nights..where to stay?

You could book a condo at the Reserva Conchal. You get to use all of the facilities at the Westin, plus some additional ones. It's all on the same property. Most of the condos have an ocean view, as well as a golf course view. There are many good restaurants nearby.

The rooms are much more luxurious than the Westin hotel rooms, as well.

The Westin does not feel like a massive hotel. The buildings are all low-rise, and are scattered about like a village, with wonderful gardens and ponds.

Sydney
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Our final 2 nights..where to stay?

But the prob with the Westin and Reserva is that they are not actually right on the water....We'd love to be right on the beach...

I guess we have to forgo the bit of luxury and stay at the Diria....

Thanks!

10. Re: Our final 2 nights..where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 05:18