We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting tourist information mailed

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Getting tourist information mailed

I know that this may sound old fashioned these days, but how can i get tourist information mailed to us.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting tourist information mailed

It's possible it just takes a while...when we go to the post office and ask about sending something from here to California this is what we're told:

-You drop everything off, in your own packaging and they'll get it on the next shipment that has space...if there's no space, it would go in the next shipment so it might literally take weeks for you to get it

-What information are you looking for? Most people (like me) have people coming back & forth from the US and we can always give something to them to mail from the US?

FYI I am not a travel agent....I just like to help. :-) If you don't get any other responses or figure something else...send me an e-mail and I'll send some stuff back with my friends in a couple of weeks. :-)

Canada
Level Contributor
4,169 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting tourist information mailed

Peter is is very easy. Email or call the Costa Rica Embassy is Ottawa and they will send you stuff. http://www.costaricaembassy.com/

If you are looking for something specific let me know - I live in Barrie also and have a friend who works for Air Canada and goes back and forth regularly - often the same day!

Edited: 29 January 2012, 00:20
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting tourist information mailed

Are you talking about someone in Costa Rica sending you brochures,etc? You might look at the ICT website. You can send them an email and ask them to mail you some brochures of things you are interested in.

If you have a hotel in mind, email them and ask them to mail you a brochure.

The mailing part is pretty simple. They take stuff to the post office and mail it. You can expect it to take a couple of weeks to get to you, but sometimes less.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting tourist information mailed

That is the way as Hattie mentioned...or contact the nearest Costa Rica Consulate...some times they can mail some information...we used to when we were in SFO...

roadadvisor

5. Re: Getting tourist information mailed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2013, 10:30
Get answers to your questions about Province of Guanacaste