We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11.25AM Flight out of Liberia...staying in Samara ...Help!

california
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
11.25AM Flight out of Liberia...staying in Samara ...Help!

Hello,

I have an early flight out of Liberia airport at 11.25 am Sunday July 8,

Should I leave very early from Samara (if so, what time?)

Or stay the night before close to the airport? (if so, any beach hotels very close to LIB Airport?)

Trying to see how many night to book in Samara...

Thanks a million!!

Yesi

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 11.25AM Flight out of Liberia...staying in Samara ...Help!

Well you need to get to the Liberia airport 2 hours prior your flight departure and it might take 2 hours and a half hours to drive to Samara to Liberia. You can leave samara by 7am, no need to stay closer to Liberia.

california
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11.25AM Flight out of Liberia...staying in Samara ...Help!

Thanks Mike!

What are the chances of road closures since it will be the "green season"... If I leave at 7am will I be cutting it too close?

Or should I leave earlier just in case?

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11.25AM Flight out of Liberia...staying in Samara ...Help!

Yesiloves2travel - you can safely assume that all the roads will be just fine. In over a decade of travel, the road between Samara and Liberia was only closed for an extended period of time once - because of a brush fire by the airport.

There are often a few mudslides between Samara and Nicoya, but they tend to be minor and are usually cleaned up very quickly.

In other words, you don't have to worry...

4. Re: 11.25AM Flight out of Liberia...staying in Samara ...Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2013, 10:17