We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monkey trail

vermont
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
monkey trail

What is the current condition off the Monkey trail out of Potrereo?

I plan on going to Cocco area from Flamingo in a 4x4.

Is there public access on the road to the Riu?

Like to explore the area.Will have a gps. Looking for secluded beaches.

Thanks

Skiex

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: monkey trail

Drove the Monkey Trail at Xmas. It's in good condition. There was actually quite a bit of traffic on it that day.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: monkey trail

Before you go on the Monkey Trail, just ask someone about the condition. The local people will be able to tell you the current situation.

For secluded beaches, look south of Tamarindo and in the north. In the north - Bahia Salinas, Playa Jobo, Playa Cuajiniquil and Junquillal Wildlife Refuge.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,659 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: monkey trail

Monkey Trail...better than ever...drove it a few times a few days ago...I will let you know by monday...I will be there over the weekend...

roadadvisor

vermont
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: monkey trail

Thank you for your replys

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,659 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: monkey trail

You are more than WELCOME!

roadadvisor

Calgary
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: monkey trail

Traveling the trail in a couple days. Any update on current condition?

Thanks!

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: monkey trail

I drove around new years, I wish it was not my car ..... but if you drive a rental is perfectly ok, mini buses were going back and forth, lots of dust, don't get enthused with the road as there are narrow sections and the gravel is kind of tricky in the curves, I saw 1 tourist off the road, he probably thought that he was in a rally

but to answer, yes any car was able to go around that road, not the same for the road to Catalinas (playa Danta)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,659 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: monkey trail

Same here...overall dusty but in good shape...getting close to Artola is soo nice some good shades and shallow creecks...my kids make me drive by a few times...they feel like in Paris Dakar kind of drive...I love it...well I'm just 148 years old...but love this great life!

roadadisor

9. Re: monkey trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Province of Guanacaste