We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible good travel deal

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
515 posts
262 reviews
Save Topic
Possible good travel deal

I am NOT a travel agent or involved with the company in any way. I just receive their newsletters and thought I would share, since I am currently planning my own CR vacation.

sniqueaway.com/hotel/…

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,665 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible good travel deal

HUmm...thank you!

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible good travel deal

The only problem I see with that website is that in order to even look at the "deals," you have to register/join. No thanks.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible good travel deal

I agree I could not even open it to see what it was

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible good travel deal

It's part of the new travel group commerce concept. There are well-known names like Groupon and Living Social, plus hundreds of new sites like this one. If you register, they'll send you information about a good deal everyday. While they usually offer the lowest price, be cautious about who you're dealing with because you pay in advance and read the daily deals carefully.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,349 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Possible good travel deal

For what it's worth Sniqueaway is part of the Tripadvisor Family.

tripadvisor.com/PressCenter-i2114-c1-Press_R…

A while back I remember receiving an email from TA inviting me to join - which I did not.

Thanks Nittfan for passing on the info for those who may be interested.

I assume you found some interesting options there.

raquel

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
515 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Possible good travel deal

Hello all. Yes, Raquel is correct (and I "joined" thru TA). I passed this on because it is supposedly a "reputable" company and I have dealt with them before. I believe you may find info on them thru "smarter living"(.com). You must join to view the offers but joining only involves giving them your e/mail address, no money. I use my "throw-away" e/mail address for joining anything like that. They send you notices weekly of good travel deals. I would possibly look into this but the timing for the offer does not work for me.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Possible good travel deal

Where are you planning on going on your vacation? Maybe some of the members in the Forum can help.

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
515 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Possible good travel deal

Hello Surfsponger - I actually have posted a few questions recently on TA regarding a potential itinerary for CR. I posted under the Monteverde forum, since this is an integral portion of our plans.

I listed this travel offer from sniqueaway because it looked intriguing, but not in my plans for this trip.

TA members have responded to my CR posts in the typically helpful TA fashion, and I appreciate this since this will be our first trip to CR, and at first look I was a bit intimidated by the idea of planning it without benefit of a "professional" travel consultant/tour operator. I am planning this trip well in advance; we hope to go In Feb or March of 2012. Our current plans include visits to Arenal, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio and Puerta Viejo.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
839 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Possible good travel deal

Hi Nittfan, I am interested in how you came to your possible itinerary. I am also trying to plan a trip to CR and am overwhelmed. I thought of doing part Pacific side and part Caribbean side. Are you renting a car or how are you getting around? I would prefer not to rent a car. Any tips would be appreciated.

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
515 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Possible good travel deal

Hello Duncan6. I can only tell you my personal preferences, and no "facts" about CR, since this will be our first trip there. Monteverde Cloud Forest has intrigued me since the very first time I ever read about it (many years ago) so that was/is the "epicenter" of the trip for us. We are avid hikers and nature lovers, and not so keen on the all inclusive, mega-resorts with their plastic feel. I have read things that make me believe that the Pacific side of CR has more of this type of resort, although I could definitely be wrong and I am not the one to ask. Our focus was to be able to do a great combo trip of nature and beach. We want to see lots of birds and wildlife and to take long treks through the forest, so Monteverde is a must. Arenal just sounds cool and so much to do in that region (besides viewing the volcano I have read that the lake is beautiful, there are zip lines, great hikes, hot-springs, etc. to visit). So, after getting a nature fix at Arenal and Monteverde we thought we might drive down to Manuel Antonio region because it reportedly has such beautiful beaches and scenery and some pretty cool little beach towns to visit. After that our current thinking is to turn the car back in at SJO, and take a bus/shuttle to Puerta Viego region (I am actually interested in places to stay in Punta(?) Negro and Punta Uva). We plan to keep it mostly local in that region and figure we can bicycle to most places we would like to see over there and spend a good deal of time just doing the beachcomber/relaxation thing. I/we also were a bit intimidated by the idea of renting a car (mostly due to the cost factor) but with the itinerary we are contemplating it would just be too stressful to rely on public transportation for the first week of it. There are lots of options regarding public transportation.

These are good web-sites regarding public transit for CR:

puertoviejosatellite.com/transport.php#pvtvan

http://www.shuttlebus.co.cr/

https://www.interbusonline.com/home/home.asp

Good luck!

Get answers to your questions about Province of Guanacaste