We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help from the pros!!!

NJ
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help from the pros!!!

We are a family of 5. kids are 9, 12, 15. Will be arriving on 4/9 and have 7 full days to play. So far I have rented a car, arranged to have Roccio's kitchen to cook a few times. We figure 2 days to spend at the local beaches. Plan on one day surf lessons for the kids and an additional day at Tamarindo renting boards. Now we want to zipline, but I don't want a full day tour. What's my best bet?

Also any other reccomendations would be appreciated. This trip is all about some much needed down time, but want some fun things too,

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help from the pros!!!

Head for Hacienda Guachipelin. www.guachipelin.com You don't need to book a full day tour - you can just drive yourselves.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help from the pros!!!

Great idea by Hattie...shortly the echo is going to be here ...sorry Alexis...but Hotel HAcienda Guachiplein is a great option...a lot to do around there...and you do not have to prepaid anything to anybody...since you will be dealing directly with service providers!

roadadvisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help from the pros!!!

Hacienda Guachiplein is a great, but with transportation is a whole day - worth it. For a half day near Tamarindo:

http://www.canopypuraaventura.com/

NJ
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help from the pros!!!

Great replies. Thank you. So on the fence about Hacienda Guachiplein. Sounds and looks great, but like a long day. Am I correct? Can we just show up or are reseverations required? Not really clear on the website.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help from the pros!!!

Hacienda Guachiplein is about 2 extra hours of driving round-trip compared to a local canopy near Tamarindo. As you can see from their web site, there is a lot more to do in Hacienda Guachiplein than just a canopy tour. Take in other activities and make the trip worthwhile.

In case anyone is listening? Fly into the airport in Liberia.... spend the night in Hacienda Guachiplein (45 Minutes from airport). Take a Shuttle to Tamarindo (1.8 Hours).... Return to Airport (1 hour). Total drive time = 3 hours 25 minutes for your whole vacation! Make shuttle bus arrangements for transportation and skip renting a car.

Edited: 24 March 2012, 00:54
Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,944 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help from the pros!!!

I dont know, I have not done it yet myself (Guachipelin), had a couple buddies go a while back and they said it rocked.

IMO I say go for it, the ticket for an all day pass there is like $80 and includes a ton of tours. Canopy, horses, springs, canyoneering, etc... even with the drive time that's a lot of bang for your buck.

I would go for the all day affair and Guachipelin.

My 2 cents

Inca

7. Re: Help from the pros!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 14:42