We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking rental advice - nice beach, great pool...

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
374 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking rental advice - nice beach, great pool...

I'd appreciate the input of all you experts. We are a family of 4, two boys ages 8 and 9. Our budget is about $1500 for lodging for a week. We are flexible on travel times but are considering October or March. For the right spot we could go to $2000 per week. Here's what we seek:

Two bedrooms, at least. In the master we'd be fine with a queen or a king, but the guest room must have separate beds for my boys. I don't want them to share a queen bed, nor do I want one of them to sleep on a pullout couch.

I'd like to be within walking distance (10 minutes or less) of a clean, safe beach, and if we had a view of the water from our condo, all the better. We are not surfers, so if it were a calmer beach for swimming that too would be a plus.

We would also really enjoy a large pool. Some of the units at El Diria have caught my eye since they have access to those neat resort pools. Anything else out there like that? (and if we stayed in one of the El Diria units, could we bring our own drinks and snacks to the resort pools?)

I'd like also to be within walking distance of a few good kid-friendly restaurants. We will probably get a car because we'd like to see some sights, but would love to be able to walk to some neat spots in a town as well.

What town do you think would fit us the best? Any suggested properties or units? I'd appreciate it. Thank you!!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking rental advice - nice beach, great pool...

Sounds like you have Tamarindo already on the brain! I have not stayed at the Diria condos but have walked the property and it's very nice! The pool is very big I'm sure there would be no problem at all with bringing your own food and drinks. I went swimming there with some friends and we all had drinks, no problem. The pools close to the beach that are associated with the hotel are really no big deal. Very small and usually very crowded, so stick with the condo pool which is much nicer anyway!

Have you looked at Samara? Great beach for swimming, nice walkable town with great restaurants, beautiful Carrillo beach nearby, Ostional for possible turtle viewing is only an hour away. Villas Kilimba are very popular and are right across the street from the beach, a much shorter walk than some of the condos at Diria would be. Don't know if they have twin beds in one of the rooms but it's worth checking out!

2. Re: Seeking rental advice - nice beach, great pool...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:15