We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for 4 days..

New York, NY
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay for 4 days..

Hey all. i am completely lost. Everytime i find a hotel, the reviews says its to far or something wrong..

We are planing to go July 12-15 jsut 4 short days. We want to do zip lining, rafting, volcano but want a hotel with a pool in case we want to relax by a pool..

We are going to fly in and out of Liberia. Can someone reccommed a hotel that meets those criterias? thanks in advance.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,003 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for 4 days..

First decide if you want a beach hotel with a daytrip tour to Hacienda Guachipelin for adventure near the volcano or if you want to stay inland near Rincon the entire 4 days. You forgot to mention if beachtime was also important. For fun at the volcano check out http://www.guachipelin.com/

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,047 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for 4 days..

Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin is waiting for you guys...just about 1 hour from LIR to the hotel...everything you are looking and even more!

roadadvisor

New York, NY
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for 4 days..

thanks...

That hacienda is the one i was looking at, but then saw it was far from the beach,,,Sorry i did forget to mention beach time was also important...

For now i have Hacienda Guachilein on the top of my list, but if there is a beach hotel from which i can do the day trip to guachelin then id like to take a look at it also, thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for 4 days..

I would suggest the Tamarindo area check the Tamarindo Diria or the Capitan Suizo or the Cala Luna. From there you can take a day trip to Hacienda Guachipelin or just take a canopy tour closer like the cartagena canopy

Edited: 06 June 2012, 19:19
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,047 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for 4 days..

Thank you for asking...yes many nice hotels by our Guancaste beaches....and really not that far from Rincon de la Vieja Volcano...

And by the way you are WELCOME..ask any question here at the forum any time!

roadadvisor

new jersey
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for 4 days..

Just came back from Costa Rica and stayed at Westin Playa Conchal. Totally recommend. Beautiful hotel, beach and pool. Wonderful all inclusive - ton of restaurants to choose from. You won't be disappointed....

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay for 4 days..

Gissy, you seem like a fun gal. If you're looking for a luxury hotel with an awesome pool and beautiful beach, Westin Playa Conchal is for you. But, if night life is also an important factor, you might want to stay in the Playas del Coco area. The beach has a unique dark sand & calm water but the atmosphere of the town is fun & lively. (Sorry, can't give a reccommendation on where to stay there though.)

Sámara, Guanacaste...
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay for 4 days..

Look into Samara. Wonderful beach town with lots of things to do, just 2 hrs from Liberia.

Cartago, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay for 4 days..

I would go to tamarindo. Check cala luna or the tamarindo diria

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay for 4 days..

My vote would also be Tamarindo, and my favorite hotel there is Capitan Suizo.

Samara is a cute little beach town, but really too far from Rincon for a day trip.