We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guanacaste Beach Villa - any suggestions?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Guanacaste Beach Villa - any suggestions?

Hi Trip Advisors - Was wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions on a beach villa for 2 couples and a toddler - I'm not really attached to any specific beach, but this is generally what I'm looking for:

- On a nice sandy beach

- Has a pool

- Updated and clean inside

- within range of some decent restaurants (ie. within 15 minutes drive)

- no more than $5,000 a week

- We'd also like the option to hire maid and cooking service if possible

Have been searching VRBO, but am having a hard time determining what beach would be best for us and also hard to tell sometimes just from pics.

thanks!!

Julie

Atlanta
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Guanacaste Beach Villa - any suggestions?

There are few actual BEACHFRONT villas however I do know of a few. From Liberia you're within an hour to Tamarindo or Flamingo. Hermosa is about 20 minutes. Tamarindo is a surfing beach but just down the road about a mile is Playa Langosta with less rough water. There is a couple 3 bedrooms on Playa Langosta. Tamarindo, there are a couple. I have more in Flamingo which is calmer water and more swimmable than Tamarindo. Hermosa I know of one. Most villas you will find are hillside and a short drive. I have a website if you're interested further.

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
751 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guanacaste Beach Villa - any suggestions?

Julie,

This isn't directly on the beach, but isn't very far (just the down hill is Playa Carillo which, from my research is beautiful) and is just minutes away from Samara. Again, from my research is a lovely town with plenty of great food options. Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything for certain right now as we will not be heading there until January.

HOWEVER, we have rented a villa from these people before (they have one on St. Lucia - to die for by the way) and the rental includes maid and cook! They are great to deal with and their other property and services were fantastic.

Here's the link:

http://lapaila.ws/

Hope this helps!

CIM

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Guanacaste Beach Villa - any suggestions?

There are some very nice villas at Flamingo Beach that fulfill your requirements. Also, Reserva Conchal has some high end homes to rent, as well as condos.

It will be difficult to find any villas actually located on the beach. You will likely have to accept ones very close to the beach. It's just not something that you see much of in C.R. There are restrictions to building things on the beach.

Samara
Level Contributor
946 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guanacaste Beach Villa - any suggestions?

Hi North726,

I think Samara and Carrillo are one of the nicest beaching in Costa Rica and Samara has really good restaurants. There are beach front options as well as options that are waling distance to the ocean. Services such as cooks and maids are available. What time of year are you looking to come in and for how long?

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guanacaste Beach Villa - any suggestions?

For the Tamarindo Flamingo area contact

http://bluewaterpropertiesofcostarica.com/

For the Playa Hermosa and Papagayo area contact

http://milagrorentalscostarica.com/

Both are good companies and they have a good inventory.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Guanacaste Beach Villa - any suggestions?

try with

www.guanacastevacationhomes.com

terry and maureen can help

if you like to rent condo try in resrva conchal

wih Ron hes e mail is

ron@celebdecor.com

or with ingrid

bobing25@rogers.com

she have 2 options

regards

Edited: 31 August 2012, 16:02
Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guanacaste Beach Villa - any suggestions?

More options for Reserva Conchal. flipkey.com/playa-conchal-condo-rentals/… playaconchalcondo.com One of the nicest beaches and the Beach Club is over the top lux.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,402 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guanacaste Beach Villa - any suggestions?

I have a friend who has a house DIRECTLY on the beach of Playa Guiones in Nosara. It does not have a pool but is ON the beach.

No I do not work for her and no I will take no commission, again, I'm not her agent. But she is a dear friend so tell her Ally on TA say's hi and you just might get a discount!

She lives next door to the house and is the best hostess you could ever have. You will probably become her friend too!

email kathleenking53@gmail.com and she will send info and photos.

9. Re: Guanacaste Beach Villa - any suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 10:17