We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf camp in Tamarindo... What to do for the other 3 days?

Keego Harbor...
Level Contributor
83 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Surf camp in Tamarindo... What to do for the other 3 days?

We're planning a holiday for next Winter. We decided on surf camp in Tamarindo for 4 nights, what to do for the other 3 days? Should we stay in Tamarindo for the entire week or should venture up to Playa Samara, or Santa Teresa? I'm up for any and all suggestions. Im super active, love the outdoors. I love CR- we've already been to Arenal, Monteverde, and MA. We're flying in and out of Liberia. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks All!!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,017 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surf camp in Tamarindo... What to do for the other 3 days?

Maybe go check out the Rincon de la Vieja area for a different volcano, or venture a bit further to Miravalles volcano, really interesting terrain up that way and something a bit different.

Heading down into Samara is a good idea, fun area, not too crowded at all. I dig the Samara Treehouses down that way - samaratreehouse.com/Samara_Tree_House_Inn/We…

Or just beach hop around the coast north of Tamarindo. More will chime in with ideas soon.

Keego Harbor...
Level Contributor
83 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surf camp in Tamarindo... What to do for the other 3 days?

Great suggestions. I've heard about samara treehouse, that's where I was thinking we'd stay if we end up in samara.

Thanks so much!!!

3. Re: Surf camp in Tamarindo... What to do for the other 3 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 10:18