We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Think I took a detour on the monkey trail

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
904 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Think I took a detour on the monkey trail

Is there a difference between the Congo trail and monkey trail?, because playa del coco to flamingo was 1.5 hours, in a rav. I was under the impression it would take 45 minutes. I think we drove through las catalinas, the last stretch of the road was fairly steep that I'd believe a sedan would have trouble going down.

Our gps was practically useless, anyone else get lost on the monkey trail? The signs I did see said Congo trail, there we signs for a couple beaches along the way, I wanna say pacific and maybe naco beaches maybe be their names, I forget though.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,448 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Think I took a detour on the monkey trail

Is not hrad to make a wrong turn around tehre...but once you are in Artola...and keep going cross a couple low creeks ...and dudty road...and drive by the Congo Canopy ...just a few minutes you will be a at DAnta...Sugar Beach...La Penca...Potreo...then to Flamingo...good time 45 minutes...maybe about 1 hour for first time drivers...

roadadvisor

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Think I took a detour on the monkey trail

if you went past by Catalinas, you took the wrong turn,

after the town of Potrero, you should turn left instead of taking a right

the road that you should have taken is a lot easier.

3. Re: Think I took a detour on the monkey trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 05:16