We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica-- Suggestions for 12 day Dream Vacation!:)

Level Contributor
129 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Rica-- Suggestions for 12 day Dream Vacation!:)

Hello fellow Trip Advisors members!

My husband and I are very very excited for our Costa Rica vacation in April. It has been our "dream" for a while! We would love suggestions how you would spend 12 days there! It is our first time and we are staying at the Four Seasons Papagayo for a week. We are also interested in Manuel Antonio and Monteverde, hearing such great things about it! We have not booked air or transportation yet. Only hotel. VERY OPEN!! Would be very grateful for activities around the area and day trips with as much details as possible including names/companies for transportation and guides! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! ;)

New York City
Level Contributor
509 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Rica-- Suggestions for 12 day Dream Vacation!:)

Our favorite place was staying at the Springs Resort at Arenal. It was very relaxing, peaceful, it is very spread out and you feel as if you have the entire resort to yourself. The water was full of minerals and they advertise their water has the highest mineral content. We ate out in town and it was wonderful to try different eateries--each one had a specialty on the menu.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Rica-- Suggestions for 12 day Dream Vacation!:)

we went to liberia from atlanta , arenal (la fortuna) then to tamarindo 5 days each, then back to liberia, enjoyed it.

southeast
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Rica-- Suggestions for 12 day Dream Vacation!:)

I can highly recommend Hotel Belmar in Monteverde. We stayed in the main building as well as the chalet. Both are nice, but for a dream vacation, I would choose the chalet. The views are incredible and the room was very designed. The food at the restaurant was delicious. The coffee was to die for!

I can't begin to stay enough nice things about the staff at Hotel Belmar. They constantly went over and above expectations.

Monteverde Cloud Forest is a short drive away. The staff at Hotel Belmar can help with guides if you need them. We also used Anywhere Costa Rica for a birding guide.

Southeastern US
Level Contributor
266 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Rica-- Suggestions for 12 day Dream Vacation!:)

30somethingSoutheast, we will be going to Costa Rica for 2 weeks in October. We are well-traveled but by design had been 'saving' Costa Rica. While we expect to stay in the Guanacaste Province this trip, there area lot of things there that interest us. We are primarily nature lovers and while we will spend a few days at/near the beach we are mostly 'beach walkers'. I loved your recommendation for the hotel and will almost certainly book there. Now, my question to you is what are your recommendations for tours/activities in MonteVerde. We are active seniors, but not extreme adventurers. I know there are lots of things to do in the Cloud Forest, so I'm wondering too how many days we need to be in MonteVerde. Thanks for any advice. I'd welcome any comments from others too.

5. Re: Costa Rica-- Suggestions for 12 day Dream Vacation!:)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 06:17