We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charter flight to Arenal

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
charter flight to Arenal

We will be flying into san jose and because of limited time, we really dont have the time to drive to arenal. So I am interested in taking a private charter flight. Any experiences? Any Advice? Any Suggestions for what companies to use?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,591 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: charter flight to Arenal

Are you aware that Nature Air, a domestic commercial carrier, flies to Arenal on a regular schedule?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: charter flight to Arenal

Yes, thank u.. But they dont fly until 4:30 and our airplane lands at 9:30 in the morning. So I want to get over there ASAP! But thanks for the information

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: charter flight to Arenal

When are you traveling? They don't have a 4:30 flight. You'd be better off driving, it's only 2.5 hours. Or if you can't wait, charter with Nature Air.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,591 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: charter flight to Arenal

Actually, from now until December, they fly at 11:30am (which might be cutting it close depending on customs and a delay on your international flight). After that, they fly at 2:50pm (14:50).

So I can see how it wouldn't be worth waiting until that flight. May as well drive and arrive before the flight leaves.

Nature Air also offers charters. It's $600 to Fortuna for up to 5 people, plus a surcharge to pick you up at SJO (Nature Air flies out of another airport nearby), plus a surcharge for luggage (over 25lbs).

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: charter flight to Arenal

I think we may just charter!! Has anyone used paradise air. Another charter company I found!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: charter flight to Arenal

Thanks for the update. I think we would make the 11:30 flight, since our flight gets in nonstop at 9:30

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: charter flight to Arenal

Catching the 11:30 flight would be pretty dicey - Pavas (where Nature Air departs from ) is at least a 30 minute drive away. They usually require a 30-45 minute checkin-in prior to departure - so you'd need to land on time, get your luggage & get thru customs/immigration in no more than 45 minutes. I've got out in less than 20 minutes, but other times have waited an hour.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,591 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: charter flight to Arenal

I would be concerned about what happens if you are late for your charter. If you're an hour late for a flight that they only planned an hour round trip for, will they wait?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,659 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: charter flight to Arenal

You can try BELL AIR...ask for macho Montealegre...one of the owners...they have several choices...how many people???

Luis

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: charter flight to Arenal

Thanks RoadAdvisor... I will try BellAir.. There are going to be 4 of us, and maybe 6 people!

Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...