We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Los Lagos (Arenal)

Denver, Colorado
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Los Lagos (Arenal)

Has anyone stayed in this hotel? How was your stay? My friends and I are considering this one for our trip next month.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Los Lagos (Arenal)

Our stay was great there. The property is rather sprawling, so if you're up the hill there's a van that will take you up. We had a lower number, so we were able to walk to the pools and restaurant. The pools are wonderful, which is the big attraction. The warm pool especially. So if that appeals to you, it's a great place to stay. The rooms are very spacious and clean with volcano views (if clear).

A nice place
Level Contributor
935 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Los Lagos (Arenal)

A great place with fair rates!

Pleasant Grove, Utah
Level Contributor
72 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Los Lagos (Arenal)

My wife and I stayed at Los Lagos for three nights in April and enjoyed our stay there. There is alot to see and do. The grounds are awesome, the pools are nice, and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning. The large swim up bar (in a heated pool) is a nice touch as well. Check out the leaf cutter ant display if you get a chance. It's pretty cool. They also have a small butterfly farm, and about 20 crocodiles. It's a great value for the money, and we would certainly stay there again.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
884 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Los Lagos (Arenal)

My wife and I have stayed at Los Lagos on two separate trips. We have never had a problem. We stay in the Superior rooms, mainly for the best view of the Volcano. It is up the hill, close to the 4X4 trail up to the viewing area. Rooms have always been clean and neat. We will most likely stay here again, if we return to this area on future trips.

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
614 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Los Lagos (Arenal)

Just got back yesterday. The hotel is great, good pool, good bar, good rooms. I would book the superior rooms if possible (for more than 2-4 people). They have these pull out beds which roll, similar to a murphy pull down bed. The only complaint is that all of the beds are HARD. Another nice thing is this hotel is close to La Fortuna so driving is not an issue. You will like it.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,276 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Los Lagos (Arenal)

It is a great place to stay...I stayed there numbers of times...simple nice operation...friendly staff...and the pools are great...

It was a movie about 7 years old called CONGO...that movie was filmed entirely on Los Lagos...if you can find it...you will have some idea of the are!!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

Annapolis Md
Level Contributor
322 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Los Lagos (Arenal)

my family and I stayed here last year and loved it. Rooms were always clean. The food and pools were also nice.You will have a great time here.

A nice place
Level Contributor
935 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Los Lagos (Arenal)

Are you writing about the movie Congo based on Michael Crichton's 1980 novel Congo?

9. Re: Hotel Los Lagos (Arenal)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 00:16