We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Jose CR Central Market

California
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
San Jose CR Central Market

Does anyone know when the Central market is open?

Is it daily? and how late is it open? I leave in a week and would like to get some souvenirs

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Jose CR Central Market

Hello friend.

The Central Market opens at 7:00am and is close till 7:00pm. The central market offer some good souvenirs but is better if you visit the souvenir market in front of the National Museum, you will have a lot more options in a clean place. NATUREGUIDE

Morristown...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Jose CR Central Market

Natureguide is right. In front of the museum is an AWESOME place to get souveniers.

Ontario
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Jose CR Central Market

I wouldn't dismiss the Central Market as a place for souvenirs. My husband and I got several there. Great wood and leather products! If you want "cheesy" souvenirs there were even some of them. Even if you don't go for souvenirs, go for the experience of market shopping and eating. It was one of our highlights of CR. trip. Also visit the National Theatre, I don't think a more beautiful building exists!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Jose CR Central Market

The central Market is a great experience if you have been to other latinoamerican markets, the place hads very narrow sidewalks and is very croweded, you have to be very carefull and not take a lot of things and always keep a eye in your backpack, the market is famous place where people try to still anything from anybody. just be carefull. NATUREGUIDE

5. Re: San Jose CR Central Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...