We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arenal Observ. Lodge vs. Nayara Hotel vs. Lost Iguana

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Arenal Observ. Lodge vs. Nayara Hotel vs. Lost Iguana

I am looking for 2-3 nights in the Arenal area and my research keeps drawing me to these 3 places: The Arenal Observatory Lodge, The Nayara Hotel & Gardens, and The Lost Iguana.

So far I read that the Arenal Observatory Lodge is simply THE BEST for Volcano and Lava Flow viewing. Nayara seems to have good prices and comfortable accomodations for a reasonable price. And while from the pictures I am not seeing anything overly special with the Lost Iguana, it seems that so many people highly recommend it.

I definitely want a great view of the Volcano and the Lava Flow. But I'd also like something with a hot tub or a nice pool outside where we can float and soak at night and see the volcano.

A swim up bar IN the pool would be a huge bonus, and one of the reasons I really like Nayara as well.

It will just be me and my girlfriend so I'm also looking for something nice, clean, and romantic.

Does anybody have experience with all three of these places, or any others, that might be the best place for me to stay?

Thanks!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
473 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arenal Observ. Lodge vs. Nayara Hotel vs. Lost Iguana

Unlearn, from what you want in a hotel, I think Lost Iguana would be the right one. Nayara is nice, but it is on the side of the volano that doesn't have a view to the lava flow. Arenal Observatory is by far the closest to the lava and is unique, but I wouldn't describe it as romantic. Lost Iguana is on the lava side, but a little farther from the volcano. They will call your room at night if there is a good lava flow. They have 2 pools--one a warm pool with a thatched swim up bar, a romantic outdoor restaurant facing the volcano, and you can get a room with a hot tub on your balcony.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arenal Observ. Lodge vs. Nayara Hotel vs. Lost Iguana

www.lostiguanaresort.com

For me gives romance lava volcano view good value.

AOL more of an eco camp experience although

the Smithsonian rooms do have amazing views

but the rooms themselves are nothing special

AOL up miles of horrible road of the main road.

food not great...

Nayara no lava view otherwise nice but $$$$

food nothing special for me...

might check the many reviews on TA carefully

belive the baddies...

Have fun wherever...

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arenal Observ. Lodge vs. Nayara Hotel vs. Lost Iguana

One other...the new #1 kid on the block...

www.thespringscostarica.com

simply over the top amazing...

stay for a night if you can or get a night/day pass

awesome in every way...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arenal Observ. Lodge vs. Nayara Hotel vs. Lost Iguana

Arenal Observatory great location...the worst food miles around, just embarrazing! Nothing more just LOCATION!

Lost Iguana, great decor, nice pool, good food, great landscaping and if the volcano is clear you will see A LOT OF LAVA GUARANTEE!

Nayara...nice but built in a very limited space...not enough garden areas...also in a clear night you can see a lot of lava..GUARANTEE!

roadadvisor@hotmail.com

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

5. Re: Arenal Observ. Lodge vs. Nayara Hotel vs. Lost Iguana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 00:18