We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eco Termales, Los Perdidos, or???

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
144 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Eco Termales, Los Perdidos, or???

Eco Termales seems to get the most/best reviews on the forum. LosPerdidos is more expensive, but seems to have more "waterfalls" and also lagoons. Has anyone been there? Is it worth the extra cost? I know you need to reserve in advance for Eco Termales through arenal.net, but what about Los Perdidos?

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eco Termales, Los Perdidos, or???

www.arenal.net/tour/eco-thermales-hot-springs

best for good food and springs cheaper than just

admission to www.thespringscostarica.com alone

Best springs is www.tabacon.com see night lava

more pools better landscaped than Perdidos

Just do night admission or stay there and get in free all day.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
144 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eco Termales, Los Perdidos, or???

Anyone else have an opinion about Los Perdidos? I know it is more expensive than Eco Termales, but may be worth it if the springs are more beautiful.

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
88 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eco Termales, Los Perdidos, or???

We just got back from staying at The Springs Resort. Los Perdidos springs (on-site) was absolutely breath-taking! We loved the numerous little pools and waterfalls. There was always a private one to hang out in! The waterslide was pretty fun too. We'd go back in heartbeat!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,172 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eco Termales, Los Perdidos, or???

Los Perdidos is a great hot spring...but hard to support any "resort" that have caged animals...maybe the day that they will let them free...maybe it will be PARADISE!...now it is just a nice place with caged animals around...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eco Termales, Los Perdidos, or???

I think Eco Termales will offer you a more authentic Costa Rican experience, but the Springs will give you a more posh environment. Depends on which one you prefer. We found Eco Termales to be romantic and charming. I like that they reserve entry to 100 people, and their chicken dinner is good.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
411 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eco Termales, Los Perdidos, or???

I've got a problem. EcoThermales is booked solid for both evenings that work for us during our stay. I've checked with arenal.net and our hotel, Lost Iguana to no avail. Do any hotels buy up reservations or is arenal.net the only way to get reservations?

7. Re: Eco Termales, Los Perdidos, or???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...