We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very confused on where to stay in Arenal area

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Very confused on where to stay in Arenal area

We (myself, my gf, and two friends of ours) are going to be in the arenal area for 3 or 4 nights in august. I'm trying to figure out where we should stay.

The reason we wanted to stay near arenal is because of all of the activities around- the zipline, white water rafting, hot springs, etc...

The places i've narrowed it down to ( i think) are:

Tabacon

Leaves and Lizards

Silenco del campo

Can anyone say which is best? i see reviews that say tabacon is very overpriced, that leaves and lizards is too remote and far away from activites, and that silencio is just "good" but not special...

Im sure the perfect place is out there for us, and we're looking to spend (for each couple) around 150 a night....

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very confused on where to stay in Arenal area

The best is a long answer...of course quality wise..Tabacon...and family and good location Silencio del Campo...

I will choose Silencio del Campo...yes the prices at Tabacon are some time just horrible expensive...but nice place!

Maybe check...Lost Iguana...just to get a little more confuse...sorry!

roadadvisor

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very confused on where to stay in Arenal area

usually can pick up

www.tabacon.com

on

www.sidestep.com www.costarica.bookit.com

from $150/nt

lava view best free hot springs a $70 per person per day value

so a pretty good deal when you figure that in...

L&L not much cheaper more rustic

SDC no lava view crammed in across from Baldi

closer to town better for budget...

So for me TABACON www.desafiocostarica.com for adventures

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very confused on where to stay in Arenal area

I just got back from Costa Rica and stayed at Silencio del Campo and the Arenal Observatory Lodge. I loved both hotels. The Tabacon was in between both hotels. Silencio del Campo was closer to LaFortuna than the Tabacon so if you have a car that is not an issue. The Arenal Observatory Lodge has a lava view at night - that was fantastic. I don't think you can go wrong with either the Tabacon or Silencio del Campo

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very confused on where to stay in Arenal area

I stayed at Arenal Lodge (not Observatory lodge) and it's good enough. We had the master suite, had a stove and the room is bigger than we expected, with TV and good view of the volcano.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Very confused on where to stay in Arenal area

It sounds like Silencio is your place! It's close to everything, well priced and with hot springs.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Very confused on where to stay in Arenal area

Silencio del Campo is a fantastic place. Will definitely stay there again during a future trip.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Very confused on where to stay in Arenal area

I would go with Silencio del Campo.

8. Re: Very confused on where to stay in Arenal area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2010, 05:18