We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choice: Arenal Springs Resort of Hotel Royal Corin

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,228 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel choice: Arenal Springs Resort of Hotel Royal Corin

The package I originally looked at included 3 nights at Arenal Springs Resort along with a trip to Eco Termales.

For not much more money, I was pointed towards Hotel Royal Corin, and was told that we would not need the side trip to Eco Termales because the Hotel Royal Corin has its own hot springs.

Not even looking at money, is Royal Corin a better place to stay than Arenal Springs Resort? Is it true that if we stay at Royal Corin we won't need to go elsewhere for a hot springs experience?

Thank you for your replies!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel choice: Arenal Springs Resort of Hotel Royal Corin

Of the 2 I prefer Arenal Springs, Corin is kind of an eyesore and IMO lacks character, out of place in such lush green surroundings.

The hot springs will not compare to Eco Termales, The Springs or Tabacon

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel choice: Arenal Springs Resort of Hotel Royal Corin

Have personally stayed at www.royalcorin.com

very nice upscale BIG luxury hotel with nice modern rooms

great food spa no lava view but great balcony views brand new rooms

some have in room hot tubs that are beautiful I had one...

and good Termales...new not as well landscaped as www.tabacon.com

Arenal Springs inferior property check your TA reviews EcoTermales

nice but only 4 pools crowded...www.tabacon.com best for me

best lava view hot springs but rooms food better at

RCi their Termales can be used all day and they are nice.

have stayed in both last from $149/nt on discount sites like

www.sidestep.com

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel choice: Arenal Springs Resort of Hotel Royal Corin

www.thespringscostarica.com another great upscale springs resort

I might look at...

The main trouble with Arenal Springs for me is

they are basic little rustic bungalow houses no views from the rooms

compared to the bigger places which are multi story...balconies etc.

But if you are into separate little ground floor bungalows

go for it.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel choice: Arenal Springs Resort of Hotel Royal Corin

I agree with Incabod. I don't like Corin for the way it looks and lack of integrity between the wonderful smaller scale lodge next door.

I love Eco-Thermales. Smaller and friendly but doesn't get crowded because of limited entry.

Edited: 15 September 2010, 21:40
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel choice: Arenal Springs Resort of Hotel Royal Corin

The Springs resort...nice place for people that like to see poor caged animals...nice resort...but feel sorry for the animals...what was the crime? to be sentenced for life behind bars!

Arenal Springs maybe you have to be sure that you are talking about the Arenal Springs...since is a simple place...not comparisson at all with the SPRINGS...?

Between ARENAL SPRINGS and Royal Corin...my choice will be Royal Corin...but trust me two very different places...

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel choice: Arenal Springs Resort of Hotel Royal Corin

Yes we do have caged endangered feline species. But all of our animals were donated to The Springs by the Costa Rican Ministry of Environment (MINAE). These animals were confiscated by the MINAE from individuals who held them illegally as pets or with intent to sell illegally. Our cats were in an experimantal program to reintroduce them back into the wild, supported by private funds, but when this failed (these cats are no longer feral and they die in the wild) the program lost its funding. They were all facing euthanasia when the MINAE contacted The Springs. Fortunately we can offer them life. We have a vet on property and a fully equipped clinic that has nursed these cats back to health and we offer them the best life that they can hope for.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel choice: Arenal Springs Resort of Hotel Royal Corin

Thank you for a nice explanation and excuse to have poor animals in a cage ...with all my respect...a cage animal is a cage animal...they belong to the wild...or to a ZOO...not to a hotel...

But thank you any way...my idea is to let people know that the Springs hotel offer that option...for many of us costaricans is not nice...for some maybe it is...but any way is a free country...

roadadvisor

San Jose
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel choice: Arenal Springs Resort of Hotel Royal Corin

as most of them say: you can not compare Arenal Springs with Royal Corin because are too different one to the other, if you love small boutique hotels with a perfect personal service your option is Arenal Springs but if you want luxurious hotels you must go ahead with Royal Corin.

Level Contributor
21 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel choice: Arenal Springs Resort of Hotel Royal Corin

I agree with most ppl here - it's two different type properties. I personally love both Arenal Springs (and like someone said, dont' get it mixed with The Springs Resort) and Ecotermales. If you're looking for more luxury I'd suggest Arenal Kioro - it's got it's own hot springs too, and more character than Royal Corin in my opinion.

10. Re: Hotel choice: Arenal Springs Resort of Hotel Royal Corin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2011, 05:17