We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide/Hanging Bridges

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
248 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Guide/Hanging Bridges

I noticed that the Hanging Bridges offer a "Natural History Walk" for $32/pp. Is this tour as in depth as hiring a guide? Is a guide really necessary? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Arenal Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Pura Vida Tours
Horseback Riding Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours
Chaves Tours
Sightseeing Tours
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,025 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide/Hanging Bridges

It is a kind of slow tour...nice to have a guide...sorry I have not experience at all about the NAtural History Walk..

roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide/Hanging Bridges

We did the Hanging Bridges on our own and just paid the entrance fee. We enjoyed the walk, and its easy to follow the trail. It depends if you want a guide to tell you what every tree, bird, reptile is.

Have fun,

San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide/Hanging Bridges

I believe the Natural history walk is a guided tour, hence the price. I believe the entrance fee only, without any guide is somewhat around the $ 20 - $ 25. the walk does have a scheduled hours, I believe one in the morning and another in the afternoon. I'd go for the morning walk. To me, the experience of going with a guide whenever possible does provide interesting information that would be hard to learn on our own...so if this sounds like a good deal to you, go with the guided tour.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,161 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide/Hanging Bridges

I agree you will always see and learn more with a good guide.

Pennsylvania USA
Level Contributor
272 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide/Hanging Bridges

I definitly recommend I guide. I've done the hanging bridges twice, once on my own (first) and once with a guide, and the guide made a HUGE difference. The first time we just walked the trails.. .we didn't see anything, no wildlife (minus like 2 types of birds) and didn't know what we were looking at plants/trees wise. With the guide we saw snakes and frogs that I never would have caught on my own plus he explained all the plants and trees, and the various noises we heard while walking.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guide/Hanging Bridges

Erick Guzman of www.tarabatours.com

is very good at this best times to spot wildlife

are at dawn and dusk..

You will see a tonne more with a good guide...have fun,

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
343 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guide/Hanging Bridges

I agree, Erick is excellent and the Hanging Bridges tour we have done with him was great.

8. Re: Guide/Hanging Bridges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2011, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...