We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel - Good Food, Good Room

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Hotel - Good Food, Good Room

Where do you suggest we stay in Arenal for 3 - 4 nights? Basically looking for a honeymoonish place - relaxing and romantic. My hubby likes Royal Corin, I like Nayara but food reviews do not look so great. Thanks!

wethersfield, ct
Level Contributor
92 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel - Good Food, Good Room

My brother was recently in Arenal, and he said that the Royal Corin had a Disney-esque feel to it. If that's what you are looking for, it might be the place for you. Seems that when you are in CR, Disney is about as anti-CR as you can get. I haven't been there, so I can't review it, but he was offering me suggestions on places to go when I go there next month.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel - Good Food, Good Room

Lost Iguana...is a good place...Tabacon Hot Springs...maybe a good solution...rent a car and shop around town for good food...some good places like Nene´s or Don Rufino´s

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel - Good Food, Good Room

I personally like the Nayara for romantic. They have a wine bar with 100+ options, the rooms mix nature in them and the spa is just about the best in Costa Rica.

There are many hotel options in Arenal but for 'romantic' Nayara is your option.

new orleans
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel - Good Food, Good Room

We stayed at the lost iguana for 3 nights during our honeymoon. it's a perfect honeymoon place. it has everthing you want. you will need a car to get to town but if you are just doing excursions they usually include transportrqtion to and from your hotel. they have a great pool that like a hot spring.for excursions i highly recommend the horseback ride to the waterfall. we loved the hot springs and the buffet there was really good. zip lining is a must. you will love your honeymoon in CR! Pura Vida!

5. Re: Hotel - Good Food, Good Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2011, 05:19