We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio Celeste

wethersfield, ct
Level Contributor
93 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Rio Celeste

How long is the trip from Arenal to Rio Celeste? And how many hours should we plan to be there if we go?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,944 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rio Celeste

This is more or less a full day trip, about an hour drive from Arenal and then depending on which entrance you have the hike to the actual waterfall, I would plan on it taking up a day IMO.

Cheers

Inca

wethersfield, ct
Level Contributor
93 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rio Celeste

Thanks Incabod. That isn't a long drive at all. Sounds like a beautiful place to hike!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rio Celeste

On a similar note, are there any landmarks we can look for on the way? More importantly, landmarks if we miss our exit. (If you pass this, you've gone too far) . Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rio Celeste

Yes, if you see Nicaragua, you've gone too far.

There's a bunch of signs to the park... but they are small, keep an eye out.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rio Celeste

Thanks for the tip. If I accidentially wandered into Nicaragua, I probably would have kept looking for Rio Celeste...

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
290 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rio Celeste

If you hike the entire park, take a dip in the springs, and eat at the park entrance, then you can figure a full day.

7. Re: Rio Celeste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2011, 06:18