We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Silencio del Campo...skip other hot springs?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
82 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at Silencio del Campo...skip other hot springs?

If you stayed at Hotel Silencio del Campo, was it worth your time/$$$ to visit one of the "real" hot springs in Arenal? Silencio has a hot spring on site (I know it isn't a true natural spring, but it sounds nice and warm and private).

Just trying to figure out if we'll want to carve out time to visit Eco Termales or if the man-made spring at Silencio is enough to satisfy the hot spring thing. I'm thinking we'll be fine just with the one at Silencio...please correct me if you think that would be a mistake.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Silencio del Campo...skip other hot springs?

It really depends on how much you love hot springs. What do you mean by handmade? They are natural as far as I know...

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
339 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Silencio del Campo...skip other hot springs?

I stayed at SDC and enjoyed being in their hot springs. We also went to Eco Thermal springs. I am glad we did both they have several springs at different temperatures and the atmospher and experience is different than the one at SDC I would recommend doing both.

Melbourne, FL
Level Contributor
179 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Silencio del Campo...skip other hot springs?

El Silencio del Campo is a very nice hotel. The Hot Springs are the same water that you get at all the other springs. And you save anywhere from $40-$60 that's what you will pay at other Hot Springs. I'm attaching a YouTube that I took the last time I stayed there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_nlMdOVTMw

4. Re: Staying at Silencio del Campo...skip other hot springs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2012, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...