We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pick up car in areanal, drop off at airport

bloomfield hills mi
Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
pick up car in areanal, drop off at airport

Does anyone know if there is car rental agency that will allow is to pick up a car in arenal and return at aiport in SJO? Having diffulculty, doesn't seem that it should be a problem, but seems to be

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pick up car in areanal, drop off at airport

Your only two options for car rental agencies in La Fortuna are Mapache or Alamo. I am 100% sure that Alamo will let you do a "one-way" rental, picking up the car in Fortuna and dropping it off in SJO. Usually there is a one-way rental charge of $150 but it's absolutely do-able. :-) Mapache-not sure...but I bet they do the same thing....it just costs a bit more-they have a "live support" on their website...I'd try that. :-)

Wendy at the Villa Hermosa, La Fortuna, CR

bloomfield hills mi
Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pick up car in areanal, drop off at airport

thank you dear Wendy

Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pick up car in areanal, drop off at airport

We are renting through Alamo and picking up our car in Liberia and dropping it at SJO, there is a $50 drop fee added onto our 10 day rental.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,795 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pick up car in areanal, drop off at airport

No problema I do it all the tiem with my costumers...they rent and drive the car back to SJO!

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pick up car in areanal, drop off at airport

$50 drop off fee that's great! :-) A lot better than the $150 I paid a while back! :-)

Wendy

USA
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pick up car in areanal, drop off at airport

I found that Alamo and Thrifty will both allow one way rental from Arenal to SJO without a drop fee.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,795 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pick up car in areanal, drop off at airport

Yes and Aamo is a great company to work with!

roadadvisor

michigan
Level Contributor
75 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pick up car in areanal, drop off at airport

we tried this in december with alamo in arenal (drop off in liberia after pickup in arenal). made reservations w/ alamo in May. When arrived to pick up the car, they told us none were available and we were stranded. Very, very bad expereince with Alamo in Arenal.

USA
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pick up car in areanal, drop off at airport

Wow Poky, that is terrible. Did you reserve directly thru the Costa Rica office or by alamo.com?

michigan
Level Contributor
75 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pick up car in areanal, drop off at airport

Reserved online. They simply overbooked their cars and left us high and dry! We adapted, but it was poor service.

Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...