We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels

san diego
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
hotels

Arenal Nayara is sold out.. boo hoo So between Lost Iguana Resort, Tabacon Grand, and Hotel El Silencio del Campo one would you recommend for a 2 night stay

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels

Tabacon is great...expensive but great...if Lost Iguana is cheaper I will go to Lost Iguana...

The good thing about Tabacon is that you can go as many times as you wish to the Hot Springs...and that is expensive if you are not staying at the hotel...

Silencio is nice but a lot simpler than the other two...that will be in your case and based on your question my last choice!

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels

I think Tabacon is over-priced although if you do go to the hot springs every day (entrance is $60+) then you can help get your money's worth!

Check out Mountain Paradise-it's right down the road from Nayara and is a beautiful property: http://www.hotelmountainparadise.com/

As for Lost Iguana-you're really quite far out there (nothing near by at all) so if that's what you're looking for it's great! If you want to be able to go try different restaurants, etc...then I'd stay closer to town.

Silencio del Campo is much more simple but beautiful, you can walk to EcoTermales and it's only a short taxi/drive to La Fortuna where there are plenty of great restaurants to choose from!

Hope this helps!

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

san diego
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels

thank you so much... about how far is lost Iguana from town?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels

In addition to Wendy's excellent advice (as usual), you can check here for a good map of the area showing the hotels.

www.arenal.net

san diego
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels

i Don't see Tabacon on the map. What hotel is it near? So i have it narrowed down to moutain Paradice, tabacon, lost iGUANA, AND silencio del campo. we will have our own car. it will be my husband and i (34 years old) and my parents (late 60's) We are looking for a great hotel with a Costa Rican feel, Yet high-end. The springs looks a little to touristy and "fake" for us. Tabacon looks great but the recent reviews don't seem to be very great. we will be there for 2 nights and then heading over to the four seasons and Tamarindo. I would love any help you might have. thanks so much

San Lorenzo, Costa...
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels

I recomend also Mountain Paradise . for a classy hotel .

for high standard i would go with Kioro .

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels

Tabacon is more or less in the general area of Lost Iguana.

Hotel Nayara is highly recommended also.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels

Lost Iguana is about 30 minutes from La Fortuna...

Lost Iguana is about 15 minutes from Tabacon...

Tabacon is about 15 minutes to La Fortuna...

Tabacon or Lost Iguana...really the best two places according to what you are looking for!

Classy hotel with a very cheap decor...

roadadvisor

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
435 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels

I prefer Silencio del Campo over the others because it is offers great value for what you pay! The hospitality could not be better and it has a personal touch. You don't feel like you're in a big hotel but you still get all the nice amenities such as restaurant, bar, pool and Spa.

Personally I think Tabacon is far overpriced. Lost Iguana is expensive too but at least the setting is great. However, it is quite a bit away from town as it is on the other side of the damn: www.arenal.net/arenal-costa-rica-map.htm

san diego
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels

Thank you so much. Unfortunately Nayara is booked which was my number one choice. i haven't heard of Arenal Kioro and will look into it. How does that compare to tabacon and Lost Iguana?

Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...