We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuggling to pick a hotel...suggestions???

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Stuggling to pick a hotel...suggestions???

Our last two nights will be in Arenal. I've loosely narrowed it down to Lost Iguana, Silencio del campo, arenal springs. We would like to have good view of volcano should it happen to be active at that time, would like to experience hot springs/mud baths while there. Plan to go on other tours such as canopy tours. Any advice would be appreciated. Necessary to stay at hotel with hot spring on site?

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuggling to pick a hotel...suggestions???

Not necessary to stay at a hotel with hot springs. You can buy an admission to hot springs like Eco Termales, which has a very nice chicken dinner they serve (you have to request it when reserving).

Lost Iguana of those three probably has the best view (best view overall is the AOL, but it's not a luxe place).

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,187 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuggling to pick a hotel...suggestions???

Dear SamH

Totally agree with prior post...I really like Lost Iguana too...

Sorry not hot mud baths around La Fortuna...the best volcano to find them Rincon de la Vieja!

Silencio del Campo offer some small hot springs on site...also Los Lagos!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuggling to pick a hotel...suggestions???

Silencio del Campo has its own hot springs on site. Their rooms have a good view. Lost Iguana is more deluxe but further away

Edited: 09 November 2011, 18:46
Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stuggling to pick a hotel...suggestions???

IMO I would go for Silencio del Campo

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stuggling to pick a hotel...suggestions???

I agree with Incabod....I was going to suggest Silencio del Campo. :-) The prices are good, the location is good and they have hot springs...it's a win-win-win. :-)

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

San Jose, Costa Rica
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stuggling to pick a hotel...suggestions???

All 3 hotels are nice. The Lost Iguana is on 100 acres and is a true resort, luxurious but still feels like Jurassic Park because it is in the rainforest. It does not have hot springs but has a hot pool with swim up Bar. Lots to do on the property plus you can hike to hanging brudges. Tabacon Hot Springs, Sky Trek zip lines are only 10 min away.

7. Re: Stuggling to pick a hotel...suggestions???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2012, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...