We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Update

Fort Lauderdale...
5 posts
Save Topic
Weather Update

I am headed to the Arenal area late next week 11/18-11/21, everything I am checking shows constant rain. Does anyone know if this is infact the case? I expected some showers, but forecasts show steady rain. Yuck!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Update

Very hard to predit weather. It is sunny now but do expect some rains. It might be sunny and nice in the morning and a few hours of rain in the afternoon or the other way around. Have a great trip!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,559 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Update

Dear SoFlaNole

Thank you for coming...let me try to explain something about MY country weather!

Costa Rica...a tiny country maybe the size of Virginia have the 4% of the biodiversity on EARTH...4%...we have more different birds than USA and Canada combined...

In a matter of a few miles the weather may change and will change any time...

We have so many climate zones...that is incredible the variations!

Today great weatherd in San Jose...I flew to Herradura this afternoon...just some dark clouds by Santa Ana Hills...by what we call el Monte del Avion...then clean skies...coming back some showers around Pavas Airport and now an incredible night!

Honestly...I thing you can have great chances of some great weather...and maybe some good old showers...but never all day rain!

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Update

Yesterday in La Fortuna was a GORGEOUS day! There was rain but it didn't come until about 4pm. This morning it rained all morning but now the sun looks like it's going to peek out at any moment. Yes there may be rain every day but it's not all day (at least not this week). Just expect there will be rain at least once a day but don't stress about it! :-) The rain keeps everything nice & green...."rain forest". :-) Enjoy!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Update

Bring your sun screen and umbrella.. this is a rainforrest kind of place. if you dont like the weather wait 10 minutes nothing last long here. I have lived here 20 years and now dont even realize whether is is raining or not unless I am driving. In some parts of this country we get 65 inches of rain in November. Just bring a good book and sunggle up with someone you love when it rains.

Germantown, Maryland
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather Update

Well it seems it will rain in Arenal area, since we will be there from 11/17-11/20 i might as well purchase my tours when I reach there and deal with the touring companies at La Fortuna.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather Update

I live in the Tenorio area and yesterday it was sunny and hot. Today, raining lightly off and on all morning. And so it goes........

7. Re: Weather Update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2012, 10:22
Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...