We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Silencio del Campo

Level Contributor
211 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
El Silencio del Campo

Is the new big hotel just next to Silencio visible from the cabins? an eye sore on the grounds? I am just reserving a cabin at El SIlencio and read comments about this new hotel just next to it. Should i ask for specific cabin far from the road?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,501 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Silencio del Campo

Dear ny ...

The big hotel next to Silencio ...really is not a eye sore...and not obstructing the volcano view at all...if you look for the hotel ...you will see it...but is not that is all over the place!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Silencio del Campo

I think you must be talking about the Corin... Agree with RA that it will not take away from Silencio. Not really my cup of tea the Corin, for me looks out of place, but there are a couple of hotels up that way like that.

Just look the other way...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Silencio del Campo

I hate that it's there but you can ignore it. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Silencio del Campo again. It's a lovely place with awesome family/owners.

4. Re: El Silencio del Campo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 19:41