We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

some feedback from our trip

Level Contributor
211 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
some feedback from our trip

2) Arenal Area: we stayed at El Silencio del Campo and it was very nice and quiet. Preferred their hot springs to the big expensive ones next door at Eco Termales! Breakfast was decent and the Reception people were all very friendly and i appreciated they did not push on us any trips, they were very laid back. I hesitated to go there due to the big ugly hotel next door, but we managed to ignore it. What an eye sore! How was it allowed to have something like this built in that location?! Hotel close enough to town to get there if needed for dinner.

3) Discovered that there is a bus from La Fortuna to Tilaran which stops everywhere on the road. We hailed it down every morning as it passed by El Silencio del Campo Hotel and went to Lake Arenal one day from where we walked the 2km up to Hanging Bridges. The next morning we took the bus to El Silencio Reserve and it stopped right in front of it. The 3rd morning we went to Arenal National Park and the stop was about 3km to the entrance, but if you like to walk and have time, why not? The bus only cost $2. Compared to taxis cost between $20-25. Only problem: there is only 1 bus a day going West and coming back in the afternoon. We somehow spent to all the places we went just the time when we caught the bus back! (around 2:30pm leaves Lake Arenal). This bus is not mentioned in any of the guide books i had!

Hanging Bridges was my favorite most awesome place. I have seen a lot of tropical vegetation in my life, but never structures like those. Not to be missed.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,501 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: some feedback from our trip

Thank you nic e mini report!

Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
17,049 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: some feedback from our trip

Very useful info about the bus, many independent and budget travelers will be thankful.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: some feedback from our trip

Great advice about the bus. You can look here for schedules from Tilaran to La Fortuna and La Fortuna to Tilaran which pass by (or near) many things in the area: www.thebusschedule.com/cr/ Also take a look at the maps at www.arenal.net to see where things are located in the area.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: some feedback from our trip

Nice report, small but good info. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Unity, Maine
Level Contributor
833 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: some feedback from our trip

Thanks for the mini report! Also for the bus information; maybe we'll be able to coordinate for our upcoming trip in May, as we're doing our trip on the fly.

6. Re: some feedback from our trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2013, 10:34