We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interbus from San Jose

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Interbus from San Jose

Do they make frequent stops along the way?

Also would appreciate any feed back anyone might have.

I'm a little nervous leaving the airport to catch the shuttle at a restaurant.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interbus from San Jose

Do not worry about moving from SJO to meet the shuttle....from SJO or area around to Arenal...most of the time is a direct service...they are a good serious company!

roadadvisor

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interbus from San Jose

They will of course stop to pick up any other travelers in the San Jose area that are going on your route. But the only real stop they will do will be at approx the halfway point where they stop, usually for 15 minutes, at a stop with restrooms (and usually food).

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,615 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interbus from San Jose

Make sure you book directly with the Interbus company. There have been reports of scam operators acting as middle-men and costing the customer much more! Your hotel can book the journey for you. The company has organized stops and drop-offs - check if your hotel is one of them, if not and if waiting at a restaurant makes you nervous, arrange to be picked up at a nearby hotel instead.

Have a great trip!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interbus from San Jose

Thank you for all the feedback.

Interbus was an interesting experience. We were picked up near the San Jose airport on time at the RostiPollo chicken place.

The ride to Fortuna was awful. The roads are terrible about half way in and our driver was overly aggressive and actually quite scary. It seemed like he hit every single pothole in the road. I got car sick even wearing motion sickness bands. (I don't remember his name) You have once stop half way through. Right outside San Ramon I believe. Very nice and clean shop with immaculate restrooms, souvenirs and some fresh pastries.

Going back to San Jose was a different story. Our driver Christian was really amazing. So nice and an excellent driver. He avoided pot holes and I didn't feel like I was on the verge of death at every turn.

I would use Interbus again, however I would take LOTS of Dramamine before hand.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interbus from San Jose

Sorry about your drive to Arenal...I´m surprised I drive that route at least 3 times a week...mini vans...buses...cars...etc..and honestly I do not recall many pot holes...!!

But I agree with you out of all the routes that I drive...the section between San Ramon to La Fortuna is the section where some people will get car sick...I always recommend not to eat anything big...just a light meal around San Ramon or leaving from La Fortuna!

roadadvisor

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,615 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interbus from San Jose

Sorry! At least your return journey was better and it probably would've been worse in a local bus (if that makes you feel any better)!

Annapolis...
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Interbus from San Jose

Interbus is a great company. We used them on our last trip to CR and had no problems at all.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,702 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Interbus from San Jose

My sister and i recently used Interbus too and it was great. Thinking of planning another trip and will use Interbus again. No worries about the restaurant pick up, but if it mskes you more comfortable, you can chose a hotel pick up. There are lots o these buses, all well marked.

9. Re: Interbus from San Jose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2013, 10:16