We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions on hotels for arenal/manuel antonio.

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
suggestions on hotels for arenal/manuel antonio.

i would like to stay one night at each of those places. does anyone have any recommendations on hotels they have stayed at?

also looking for hotels that can arrange tours like ziplining/canopy tours/atv tours/snorkling. besides the known places like going to see the arenal volano and la fortuna water fall. or manuel antonio national park and the beaches.

thanx in advance.

Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions on hotels for arenal/manuel antonio.

oh btw looking for 100-150$ a night. going december 14-23rd.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions on hotels for arenal/manuel antonio.

It's really not worth staying one night at each location due to logistics. Two nights at one location is actually pushing it. That said, I would recommend one or the other. In that price range, Arenal Volcano Inn or Arenal Paraiso would get my vote in Fortuna. The Falls Resort in Manuel Antonio is a nice place, but I think it is a little more.

Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions on hotels for arenal/manuel antonio.

The reason we (gf and i ) would like one night 2days is because we would like to see as much as possible in the little time we are there. Saturday n Sunday (15-16) i would spend.it in San Ramon ( i have family there) we would get dropped off at our hotel in arenal Monday morning id say 9-10am (the 17th) and be picked up Tuesday (the 18th) at around 7-8pm... That should give us a good amount of time to see plenty no? we wanted to do the same at Manuel Antonio. I would like to be back home ( San Ramon) for sat the 22nd. Leaving Sunday the 23rd. Am open to opinions thanx.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions on hotels for arenal/manuel antonio.

Arenal...I like La Fortuna hotel...even good location...walking distance to most restaurants in La Fortuna....

Manuel Anotnio...La Posada...Inn On the Park...CAbinas Hotel Espadillas...Hotel El Bosque...all of them very close to public beach and park entrance!

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestions on hotels for arenal/manuel antonio.

With those timelines, you will have time to make your way around. If you arrive to Arenal at 9-10am, you will have the afternoon to explore (maybe LF waterfalls) and then go to the hot springs in the evening. The next morning you can pick up a tour before departing in the afternoon. You could do something similar in MA as well. Have a great trip!

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestions on hotels for arenal/manuel antonio.

For your beach/park in Manuel Antonio, my first choice would be La Posada http://www.laposadajungle.com/ Mike is a great guy and well respected business owner in the area. For your short period of time in MA, he'll make sure you can enjoy it to the max. Have a great time!

Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: suggestions on hotels for arenal/manuel antonio.

Thanx for the replys i took one look at la posada. And looks amazing! Prices,views,and tours all seem magnificent!

Any more suggestions on hotels at la fortuna.. Looking for a feel/lool like la posada has less of a city feel.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: suggestions on hotels for arenal/manuel antonio.

You might want to check out Lomas del Volcan. It's a nice ecolodge located at the base of the volcano.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: suggestions on hotels for arenal/manuel antonio.

Los Lagos Hotel ...they have different prices...

Also Hotel Sueño Dorado next to Silencio del Campo...nice and good rates...

Hotel Sueño Dorado is situated in La Fortuna.Arenal Volcano Area. nearly all the natural attratives The hotel is located only 4 k from the town of La Fortuna, With the best view of the volcano you will be able to enjoy a great vacation. Big tropical gardens,Hot Springs Water on the property and a pool facing the volcano are waiting for you. Comfortable room with hot water, cable tv, and air conditioning with a terrace. Come and enjoy our wonderful environment design by one of the survivors of the first eruption of 1968.

Accommodations $ 75.00 per double room!

All rooms come equipped with a private bath with hot water, air conditioning, terrace with volcano and garden view.these rooms have one double and one single bed or two double beds, cable TV.

Hotel Amenities

• Air Conditioning

• Hot Water

• Mini Refrigerator

• Swimming Pool

• Hot springs water on the property

• Volcano View

• Private Parking

• Restaurant

• Free breakfast

• Tropical Gardens

roadadvisor

Edited: 20 November 2012, 23:38
Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: suggestions on hotels for arenal/manuel antonio.

Thanx you all.. Anymore suggestions to MA?