We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Silencio Vs Arenal Springs Resort

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
363 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
El Silencio Vs Arenal Springs Resort

Hello

I am trying to decide between El Silencio and Arenal Springs Resort. I read reviews that the price of food is quite high in Arenal springs resort. While this is not a major factor in my decision making process, I don't want to be paying silly prices for lunch or dinner if I had to eat in the hotel. Could anyone give me more information about the price of lunch and dinner food in both of these hotels ?

Tilaran, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
559 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Silencio Vs Arenal Springs Resort

I had stayed at El Silencio de campo. The food in the restaurant is excellent and not expensive at all. I didn't have a chance to have dinner there but I remember lunch was somwhere between $7 - 15. To go from the hotel to town it costs you $6-7 each way. So if you don't feel like going down to the town for dinner, you can definitely eat at their restaurant without paying an arm and a leg.

If you email the hotel and ask, they will send you a pdf copy of their menu so you can get a better idea.

Hubby and I both loved El Silencio. Beautiful ground. Hot springs in the property. The massage was excellent.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
363 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Silencio Vs Arenal Springs Resort

Thank you very much.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Silencio Vs Arenal Springs Resort

The food at Arenal Springs is a little overpriced in my opinion, but the facilities are better. Lunch costs around $15 and dinner around $20 a plate. The hot springs are excellent, among the better springs in the area and the service is great. A cab to town will cost around $10-12 each way. With all of that said, I do like Silencio del Campo as well.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
363 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Silencio Vs Arenal Springs Resort

Thank you. I think I have a clear idea of the prices now.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Silencio Vs Arenal Springs Resort

Putting the prices aside, El Silencio could not be different from Arenal Springs. Here's a quick comparison:

El Silencio del Campo: small individual cabins, small intimate hot springs area, walking distance to other hot springs (Baldi, Paradise, EcoTermales)-overall just a much smaller place and more intimate feel to it.

Arenal Springs: individual cabins, large resort feel with big pools, pool bars, several places to eat, good service, large staff...a completely opposite feel of El Silencio in terms of size, # of people (Ex at Arenal Springs there can be 250 people for breakfast but at El Silencio 50 would be the max).

Either way you'll have a great time..this will hopefully help you decide which is right for you. :-)

6. Re: El Silencio Vs Arenal Springs Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 05:16