We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ziplines and Hot Springs in one location for one price?

NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Ziplines and Hot Springs in one location for one price?

Hi. Trying to work out an itinerary for next month. We'd like to do a canopy tour, but are NOT looking for the highest, longest, or fastest one. Kids are 9 and 12. Is there a place in the Arenal area that has the ziplines that also has hot springs where we could just basically spend the day there and check two things off our must-do list? Looking into Los Lagos or Arenal Paraiso. Do the canopy tours include use of the hot springs on site? Since we'll be with kids we're not really looking for quiet, romantic, and/or spa-like hot springs. I don't want to be getting any dirty looks if my kids are a bit loud and splashing around while enjoying the water. Any one-stop-shopping family-friendly suggestions for canopy+springs? Would we need to make reservations in advance? Thanks all!

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ziplines and Hot Springs in one location for one price?

Hotel Los Lagos has a GREAT option with everything you're looking for at one very good price! Yes the canopy tour does include the entrance to the hot springs and you can also go to the butterfly area, frog area, crocodile & caiman area and even an ant farm (that's actually pretty cool). :-) The pools are also all different temperatures (even quite cool) which many times feel better on a hot day then the super hot ones and there are even a few slides! I always recommend this Canopy Tour to families as it's a good bang for your buck and perfect for families...you'll all be happy! :-) Enjoy!!! :-)

NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ziplines and Hot Springs in one location for one price?

OK -- Los Lagos it will be! Thanks for the advice.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,427 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ziplines and Hot Springs in one location for one price?

Nice location...Los Lagos...and 100% local people run and own the show...support locals!

roadadvisor

Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ziplines and Hot Springs in one location for one price?

Los Lagos was a big hit with my kids! We did the zip lining there and it was great-my kids were 14,12 and 8 at the time. The hot springs were fun too with the swim up bar! Kids loved the slides but it was too cold for me. The extra activities (butterfly gardens, animals etc) made it well worth the entrance fee.

We also went to Baldi hotsprings, which gets a bad rap, but my kids loved it. There are water slides there, and many different pools of varying temperatures. There is music playing at some of the pools too. There is a nice peaceful one up at the top with mosaic beds that you can relax in-paradise! I would skip the buffet if you go here-was not too impressed with it!

5. Re: Ziplines and Hot Springs in one location for one price?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...