I am in my 20's and will be travelling with my husband and maybe another couple and we are looking to do as many adventure activities as possible in our 5 night stay in Arenal. We can't seem to decide on a hotel and keep going back and forth. Here are our requirements:
1) Decent and inexpensive onsite restaurant. We will not have a car and don't want to waste money taking a taxi back and forth daily. We are hoping to be able to get a decent meal for under $20 per person
2) Beautiful grounds with room to explore the grounds with at least one possible trail (the trails at the Observatory Lodge are great!). Not so huge that going to breakfast/dinner is a long hike.
3) Nice sized pool and ideally hot springs (but hot springs are a nice to have not a 'must')
4) Budget is a maximum of $150 per room per night
5) View of the volcano (not necessarily from each room but from at least a few spots in the hotel)