We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arenal Springs, the Springs Resort, El Silencio or Kioro?

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
509 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Arenal Springs, the Springs Resort, El Silencio or Kioro?

If pricing is the same at all the places which place should I go with? We would want to enjoy the springs--which place has the best mineral springs? Room comfort (serenity, quiet, nice bedding, ambiance)? Location to all the activities and restaurants? I hear the Springs is the best place and I should definitely go there? Thoughts? Many thanks.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arenal Springs, the Springs Resort, El Silencio or Kioro?

1. Look at the location. www.arenal.net - click on "maps" and check the "hotel map"

For instance, The Springs is highly touted and has some nice features but it is far far away from La Fortuna and the volcano and also has some "Disney" type stuff like fake rocks.

2. Otherwise, just read the reviews and make up your own mind as to what is right for YOU and your family.

New York City
Level Contributor
509 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arenal Springs, the Springs Resort, El Silencio or Kioro?

Thanks Hattie. I really would not want to spend my time at a "Disney" type of a place--have never been there myself and never would want to go or take my family there. We were looking for something natural, quiet, relaxing, with various springs--my understanding is that there are different types of springs in terms of their chemical composition. Why do people "tout" "the Springs" ? Is the place really that special? In what way?

3. Re: Arenal Springs, the Springs Resort, El Silencio or Kioro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 14:18
4. Re: Arenal Springs, the Springs Resort, El Silencio or Kioro?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 August 2013, 19:41
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arenal Springs, the Springs Resort, El Silencio or Kioro?

When I am undecided, I take a piece of paper (so old-fashioned I know!) and make a matrix with headings like:

"Distance from La Fortuna," "Distance from volcano," "Springs onsite?," "Reviews," "Price," "Other" where "other" might be something like swimming pool or what kind of breakfast or grounds or free WiFi or whatever interests you. You might try something like this to make things more clear.

Also - wondering why you did not include Arenal Nayara? It's just as nice as The Springs and thought by many to be the "most luxurious" in the area and closer to La Fortuna and the volcano.

New York City
Level Contributor
509 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arenal Springs, the Springs Resort, El Silencio or Kioro?

Thank you all very much for your input. We chose the Springs.

New York City
Level Contributor
509 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arenal Springs, the Springs Resort, El Silencio or Kioro?

I must add--because of their hot springs. To us the face that they have the best springs out of all the lodges around was the determinative factor.

8. Re: Arenal Springs, the Springs Resort, El Silencio or Kioro?

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

New York City
Level Contributor
509 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arenal Springs, the Springs Resort, El Silencio or Kioro?

Thanks, we will have a great time, I am sure. I am planning to add another night to our stay there. I have another question: with respect to their Rio Club--is it free for guests that stay at the premises? It sounds like river tubing and horseback riding is extra? Or is it included in the rate of stay? Many thanks again.

10. Re: Arenal Springs, the Springs Resort, El Silencio or Kioro?