We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Lagos Resort question

Which Arenal Volcano National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
360 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Los Lagos Resort question

I am just about to book the Los Lagos Resort for Christmas week (1 night).

I have gotten 2 pieces of conflicting information about the hotel.

It states on their website they have zip lines and a canopy tour. Is that included? For the rate it just sounds to good to be true. I would assume it's not the biggest, longest or greatest zip line or canopy tour.

Has anybody been and can shed some light?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
307 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Lagos Resort question

Zip line and canopy are the same tour. They don't usually include them in the room rate, normally there's a separate charge for them. Check with them directly to see what's included in the price they quoted you. They have horseback riding there as well, also for a surcharge.

Its not the most thrilling or highest zip line in the area, but it is a nice one, especially for kids and people who want to try but might be a little scared of the activity in general. Decent cable length, nice forest area to view.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Lagos Resort question

Not included but what is included: hot springs, cool pools, slides, hiking trails, butterfly enclosure, frog area, caiman & crocodile area, and being at the base of the volcano. :-) Of course there is always a chance they have a "promotion" of including the zip lines but I doubt it. It's a good zip line, not the easiest, not the "best" but a solid good one. :-) My only advice on booking rooms there is to make sure exactly what type of room you're getting. Most are quite good but there are some old rooms that were turned into one and are a weird layout. Enjoy!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,269 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Lagos Resort question

NIce place...a real hotel own and run by a local family...Cedeño family...great decent people to deal with and 100% costaricans...stay there numbers of times...and every time is better ...nice little hot springs...but good enough for anybody...

roadadvisor

Toronto
Level Contributor
360 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Lagos Resort question

Thank you everyone for the replies!

I'm a little worried about the rooms. It's my first time to Costa Rica... I spent the last couple days emailing pretty much every hotel in the area and only found a few left with space (Christmas/NYE week).

I debated between the Royal Corin (sp?) but the other couple we are going with thinks it's not worth it (how I got to be the planner for this trip I have no idea!?).

I am in my late 20s my husband and the other couple in their 30s. We will be driving to the area from the RIU Palace and will probably spend the day at the resort, spend the evening/ have dinner and do some zip lining before making our way back to the RIU Palace the next day. We will have our own car rental.

Some of the rooms look really scary- but some traveller review pics they look okay. We booked a standard room as that's all she said they had left. I have asked to be notified if a better room becomes available for myself and my husband bc the rate is so cheap. Is it okay? Should I request something in particular?

Sorry for the long rant- so overwhelmed with this is trip! Very excited too!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
882 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Lagos Resort question

The rooms at Los Lagos are pretty bland, but they are clean and comfortable. If you are wanting creature comforts, this probably is not a good fit for you. The Royal Corin is much more luxurious, in comparison to Los Lagos. We consider Los Lagos our go to hotel when we are wanting to save a little money, and aren't wanting the extras you get at one of the more upscale resorts. The Standard rooms are smaller than the Superior rooms, but should be OK for one night.

Toronto
Level Contributor
360 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Lagos Resort question

Thanks @newjade made me feel a little better.

The Royal Corin priced around $350 I think. What is included extra ? Hoping to sway the other couple!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,269 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Lagos Resort question

Royal Corin is a nice hotel...but really out of place looks like Las Vegas kind of concrete hotel...Los lagos a lot ...a lot more gardens...more the costarican flavor...they have nice rooms...ask if they have superior available...and ask them to have you in waiting list...just in case...

roadadvisor

Toronto
Level Contributor
360 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Los Lagos Resort question

@roadadvisor

Thank you!

Funny you mentioned that because on their website they have a picture of the building and I thought it looked "out of place" as opposed to other hotels in the area I was looking at.

We are already staying at the RIU which also looks out of place IMHO (wanted the Playa Conchal but once again making decisions for 3 other people sux!)

9. Re: Los Lagos Resort question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 06:19