We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to La Fortuna from Poas National Park

Northern California
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driving to La Fortuna from Poas National Park

In this post from 2010, I noticed that people have commented that there is no route from Poas National Park to La Fortuna through Cinchona (tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g309236-i3267-k351…).

However, if I map out directions from Poas to La Fortuna, Google maps shows this route and indicates that it is 2-2.5 hrs (we also wanted to visit La Paz Waterfall Gardens on the way) - http://goo.gl/maps/RCgls.

Can folks please suggest if this road is not accessible anymore? We are going to be in Costa Rica in the first week of May and were considering this route.

Thanks for your response in advance!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
520 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to La Fortuna from Poas National Park

I took that same route a year ago, and it was open. Unless something has happened recently, then I wouldn't know.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to La Fortuna from Poas National Park

It's open right now, but be careful just after La Paz as there is a narrow road with a steep drop off.

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving to La Fortuna from Poas National Park

We did it 2 weeks ago, it was beautiful. Very curvy roads, just slow down and you'll be fine.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,924 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving to La Fortuna from Poas National Park

The road is open ...but please be extra carefull is a dangerous road..and if is wet...my advice do not take it...

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving to La Fortuna from Poas National Park

Drive safe, is an amazing place. You can also got to La Paz Waterfalls.

6. Re: Driving to La Fortuna from Poas National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...