We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Liberia to Arenal (Tabacon)

Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Driving from Liberia to Arenal (Tabacon)

I will be arriving In Liberia 1pm in the afternoon and driving to Tabacon resort on November 20th. I am looking for driving directions and maps for this drive. Also suggestions for any places worth stopping along the way. How long should the drive take this time of day?

I will also be driving from Tabacon to Tamarindo several days later if someone has maps and direction information for that drive as well I would appreciate any information.

Thanks!

san jose
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Liberia to Arenal (Tabacon)

that drive is pretty easy , go to Liberia , head south to Canas , up to Tilaran , than around the lake to tabacon , is would estimate about 3 hours drive , going back to Tamarindo , go the same way , pass the airport and follow the signs to Belen , than go west to Tamarindo , about 4 hours drive , you got a very eay drive

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,394 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Liberia to Arenal (Tabacon)

For good maps of Costa Rica, go to MapCR.com. They have downloadable maps in color and also sell a great waterproff road map for around $10.

charlestown rhode...
Level Contributor
97 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Liberia to Arenal (Tabacon)

I agree with dosbrasos that the drive is easy but I would say its more like 4 hours. I fly into Liberia to get to my home in San Luis fairly often and that is an hour and a half. From my place to Tabacon is about 2 hours. The roads may have alot of potholes and you will no doubt be checking out the scenery.

There are things to see along the way but my guess is you will need to keep moving to get there before dark.

4. Re: Driving from Liberia to Arenal (Tabacon)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 19:21