We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

no reply from silencio del campo?

northern california
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
Save Topic
no reply from silencio del campo?

I emailed the hotel on Monday and today and have not received a reply. Have other people used email, fax, or calling direct to the hotel? I never use travelocity or services similar to them. I prefer to book directly with the hotel. Have other people had delays with their requests? Do I just need to call them?

Thanks, Deb

California
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: no reply from silencio del campo?

I book with them directly via email and have never had a problem, sometimes they take a couple of days to get back to you but I never had a problem

maybe try from another computer???

3xy
West Hartford...
Level Contributor
223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: no reply from silencio del campo?

Tropical -

I submitted a very similar post yesterday. I have been trying to contact them for 3 weeks (3 separate times, each time spaced a week apart) and have not received a response. Have completed their online form and sent them 2 separate emails. Not sure what the story is, but it appears that a phone call may be the best option.

Tulsa
Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: no reply from silencio del campo?

I have a reservation there for late June. I did notice that they took a while to respond back - probably a few days, maybe more. Would you let us know if you finally get a hold of them? I communicated with them via e-mail.

Elli

northern california
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: no reply from silencio del campo?

I guess I will wait this week and then either call or find another place.

Thanks, Deb

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: no reply from silencio del campo?

I have a reservation with them for this coming weekend. To say that dealing with them has been difficult is an understatement. I booked with them over 6 months ago and received a confirmation.

I contacted them about 3 weeks ago to ask them to make me a reservation for a night at Eco Termales--which is supposedly owned by the same people.

I went back and forth with 2 or 3 people about this request. At one point a lady asked me to send a credit card so as to confirm my reservation--at the hotel. I replied in Spanish that I already had a reservation for the hotel but that I needed one for the hot spring. No response from her. I eventually called them direct during the day and think I worked the issue out.

Nobody seems to be in charge with regard to incoming requests via email. Whomever happens to be working that day handles the requests accordingly and without regard to previous correspondence.

Needless to say I am hoping that everything works out.

Good luck.

~Peachtree

Arenal Volcano area
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: no reply from silencio del campo?

Do they answer? I called and ask and they say probably don't received.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: no reply from silencio del campo?

You can get a reservation at Silencio del Campo through Arenal.net. It is often more efficient than trying to book directly.

northern california
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: no reply from silencio del campo?

My initial email was April 9 and I sent many others which were not responded to. I finally gave up and called them directly. I eventually found out that Costa Rica telephone numbers have been changed to 8 digits. If the number after 506 is 4 then add a 2 after the 506. If the number is 8 then add a 3 after the 506. I spoke with a woman, I think I heard her name as Loreen?. She said she would definately respond to a new email and then email me back the payment instructions. I hope she does this and it all works out. If not, I could try arenal.net but I have read that people have had problems with them handling their reservations. Thanks Deb

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: no reply from silencio del campo?

I just returned from Silencio del Campo. After having posted the above I can say that all of the hassle was well worth it. We loved the location of SDC and the grounds of the property were beautiful. A man by the name of Eliomar was extremely helpful throughout. He checked us in and then showed us to our room/villa. I tried to tip him afterwards and he refused. Nothing but goods things to say about this hotel/resort.

~Peachtree

northern california
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: no reply from silencio del campo?

Our reservation is now confirmed by Senor Eliomar in an email. However, my husband faxed the form, a copy of my passport and a copy of my credit card. Unfortunately, only the reservation form made it to the hotel. he is now refaxing the other copies. I am sure it will work out eventually but it has not been easy.

I could have booked through a third party but I just like to contact the hotel myself and know I have spoken to someone who actually works there in case there are any problems.

Deb