We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for Trip from La Fortuna ro Manuel Antonio?

Which Bagaces hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland
7 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations for Trip from La Fortuna ro Manuel Antonio?

We will be traveling from La Fortuna, Costa Rica to Manuel Antonio next week. I've heard that buses are better, but also I have heard that Turismo Vans are the way to go because you can bargain on the price. Suggestions? I'm traveling with three others.

Thanks!!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for Trip from La Fortuna ro Manuel Antonio?

The best way for you is to get one of the interbus services for $39p/p if you are looking for good prices. If you get a private service is going to cost around $220. If you are looking for comfort and personal service the private van is the best other way interbu and greyline offer good schuleded service. NATUREGUIDE

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for Trip from La Fortuna ro Manuel Antonio?

We had four in our party just a few weeks ago for a trip from San Jose down to Manuel Antonio (and then back six days later). We had a wonderful time with driver Rubier (tjtransfers@gmail.com to contact him), including a stop or two on the way and lots of helpful information and fun. With that number in your party, the rate gets really reasonable, and it's a nice way to go. I'm not sure if his service reaches up to Arenal, but perhaps. Good luck!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
40 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for Trip from La Fortuna ro Manuel Antonio?

Hello. My best friend and I JUST got back from Costa Rica and did the trip from Fortuna to MA by public bus. We loved the busses because we saved SOOOO much money (about 8$ for the trip). It's not for everyone though. While it is cheap, it takes a bit more time and you have to take 3 different busses (fortuna to san ramon....san ramon to puntarenas.....puntarenas to quepos)and our total travel time was 8 hours (6.5 actually on the busses) We also kept our bags on our laps the entire time.

If you have any questions, feel free to write.

Have fun!

Alissa

Virginia
Level Contributor
294 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for Trip from La Fortuna ro Manuel Antonio?

I did interbus this summer and it was $29 each for my husband and I... and no one else happened to book the day we went, so we essentially had a private shuttle for $58! It took about 5 1/2 hours (and we were going to AOL-- so about 5 to Fortuna).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for Trip from La Fortuna ro Manuel Antonio?

I just came from Costa Rica a month ago. I visited 5 different places and travelled by bus and by plane. The public bus is super easy and just as comfortable. We flew on Nature Air for $33/person from San Jose to the Osa and to Tortuguero.

6. Re: Recommendations for Trip from La Fortuna ro Manuel Antonio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 02:21