We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental Allegro, Papagayo

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Occidental Allegro, Papagayo

I have been reading, some of the older reports, and was alarmed to here that the Occidental Allergro was closed earlier this year. Can anyone confirm if they have sorted out their problems and re opened fully. We will be travelling to this hotel 18th July 2008, for 2 weeks,(we tried to get in at the Occidental Grand, but nothing available for the weeks we wanted) I hope that we have not made the wrong choice. Has anyone got any comments to share.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Occidental Allegro, Papagayo

hi there,

just returned from allegro papagayo 2 days ago and wish i was still there. hotel is only allowed to run at 50% but as far as we were concerned this was a plus [choice of sunbed,quick service etc.]the staff are really friendly,food is good only small niggle is night time entertainment is not up to much. hope this puts your mind at ease.p.s.if you meet a tour guide named Rusby please ask him how lucky the puppy is getting on for me.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Occidental Allegro, Papagayo

Thanks for that Ninemile. Your reply is appriciated.

Mold, North Wales
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Occidental Allegro, Papagayo

Going to this hotel in August, can you tell me why it was closed. Nice to hear it is open again but would like to know the reason for past problems.

regards Billy B

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Occidental Allegro, Papagayo

It was closed as it had a sewage plant that could only handle less than half of it's needs. They were trucking most of the sewage to a nearby city and dumping it there and also piping it into a nearby stream, therefore also losing their blue flag status. Last I heard they were only open at half capacity til they build a plant to handle the waste.

5. Re: Occidental Allegro, Papagayo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 19:20