We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian at Occidental Papagoya

Which Liberia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarian at Occidental Papagoya

Will a vegetarian eat well at this hotel? I like to have beans/lentils and tofu in addition to fruits and vegetables in my diet. I will eat dairy and eggs also.

Are there any vegetarians who have exerienced the food at this resort? I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
990 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian at Occidental Papagoya

Are you staying at the Grand or the Allegro? I'm not a vegetarian but I stayed at the Grand in December 2008. I imagine the buffets are pretty similar. There were options at the buffet for vegetarians. I don't remember the menus at the a la carte restaurants but I think there was always a vegetarian option.

There's a fruit and vegetable area at breakfast, lunch, dinner and the snack bar. Salads at any meal are also an option. I think there may have been tofu by the salad bar and beans aren't a problem. There's also a chef making custom things like omelets or something similar to a fajita...just ask for no meat.

When we went on a couple tours with Avispa's Adventures, we stopped at restaurants that were also accommodating to vegetarians. I only remember this because we had a vegetarian on both our tours.

Alberta
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian at Occidental Papagoya

We just returned from the Allegro Papagayo and you won't have any issues finding things to eat as a Vegetarian....you will probably much enjoy the food in camparison to Canada. The fruits and vegetables actually have flavor!

Enjoy your trip!!!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarian at Occidental Papagoya

We were hoping to stay at the Occidental Grand Papagayo....only IF it had good,varied meals for a vegetarian. Thanks to your positive replies; it looks like it is indeed a good option to consider. Thanks muchly to all posters.This helps us to decide.

4. Re: Vegetarian at Occidental Papagoya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 04:20
Get answers to your questions about Liberia