We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer/ shuttle from Liberia airport to Nicaragua border?

Ontario
Level Contributor
542 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer/ shuttle from Liberia airport to Nicaragua border?

Hola: Looking for recommendations on booking a transfer from the Liberia airport north to Penas Blancas on the border of Nicaragua. Will return from there 2 weeks later and would like to transfer back to Liberia or a beach area near there for a return flight home the next day. Recommendations? Anyone done this trip and can offer border crossing suggestions?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer/ shuttle from Liberia airport to Nicaragua border?

You can hire a private driver or take a bus. If you take a bus, get a taxi (or bus) from the airport to the main bus station in Liberia and then your bus to Penas Blancas. Check this website for bus information: www.thebusschedule.com

Buses pass by the airport pretty regularly coming from the beaches to Liberia.

As for private driver, I don't know anyone to recommend but perhaps RoadAdvisor, Luis, would take you or at least recommend someone.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer/ shuttle from Liberia airport to Nicaragua border?

Thank you Hattie...let me know (cubaguy) about how many people...it is a simple transfer and hopefully you can have somebody at the other side...waiting for you...depends how many buses or big trailers are on the border...it can move fast or slow...!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer/ shuttle from Liberia airport to Nicaragua border?

www.ticabus.com out of Liberia to Nica best or driver lots more $

NY
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer/ shuttle from Liberia airport to Nicaragua border?

If it is the first time you are crossing the border and at this season i will definitly advice you to make it through a tour company, the one my brother and i always suggest is www.macuatours.com they do all this kind of transfers and tours...

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer/ shuttle from Liberia airport to Nicaragua border?

It's not really a big deal going through the border. Line up on the Costa Rican side, get your passport stamped, walk over to the Nicaraguan side, get in line, get your passport stamped and you are through. There may be a wait of an hour or more if it is crowded but it is not complicated. You will have to pay a small amount at the Nicaraguan border but they accept dollars. You can get money changed - there are money changers everywhere - if you like. Once when I went, there was another fee for the Nicaraguan "town" of something like a dollar but I'm not sure they are doing that anymore. No fee for leaving Costa Rica.

6. Re: Transfer/ shuttle from Liberia airport to Nicaragua border?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2009, 14:59
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
747 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer/ shuttle from Liberia airport to Nicaragua border?

Xplore Costa Rica is departing Tamarindo on Tuesday December 1st for the border. Returning on December 4th.

Let me know if you want to join the bus.

info@xplorecostarica.com

8. Re: Transfer/ shuttle from Liberia airport to Nicaragua border?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2010, 05:24