We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica...awesome tour

Pittsburgh
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Costa Rica...awesome tour

If you ara planning a trip to Costa Rica I strongly suggest you use the MEMO Adventures. We were staying at a 5 star hotel and used their guides with great disappointment.

We heard about MEMO and went to his website at www.memo-adventures.com., booked the canopy & hot springs tour and it was GREAT. He wasn't on a schedule and was very flexible to our desires. We had such a great experience with him we booked other tours....and even our ride back to the airport! He even took money out of his pocket and went to his recommended dive company to pay our deposit for our diving at Catalina Island. He was VERY PROFESSIONAL, and helpful solving all our problems. He spoke very good English and provided us with "a look at the culture of Costa Rica" with a lunch in a local village, which was very authentic.

GREAT GUIDE, GREAT SERVICES, GREAT ADVENTURES!

Costa Rica Tours and Concierge
Sightseeing Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Rica...awesome tour

What was the area where you were staying?

Pittsburgh
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Rica...awesome tour

The Gulf of Papagayo

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Rica...awesome tour

"We were staying at a 5 star hotel and used their guides with great disappointment"

So you rave about them yet you were disappointed with their guides? I don't get it.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,017 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Rica...awesome tour

The Gulf of Papagayo is so big...I do not know...but this looks like a free lunch!

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,161 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Rica...awesome tour

Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing...

Edited: 06 May 2010, 05:13
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Rica...awesome tour

I'm confused.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Rica...awesome tour

the OP is expressing disappointment with guides/tours offered by the resort where he/she was staying. Admittedly the sentence is a bit confusing but that is how I read it.

Pittsburgh
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Costa Rica...awesome tour

NO....I was disappointed with the Hotel's guides. The GOOD guide I got was because of my bad experience with the hotel...

I went ONLINE and researched myself for another tour guide, called him, and spent the rest of my time with him. I even had him transport us back to the airport.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,161 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costa Rica...awesome tour

GOTCHA - okay, well that makes sense. Glad you found a good guide and had a good experience in the end. Thanks for posting and following up.

Cheers

Inca

10. Re: Costa Rica...awesome tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2010, 05:35