We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near Liberia airport?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay near Liberia airport?

We are leaving Costa Rica early Wednesday morning (7am flight) and will be arriving in Liberia around 6pm to drop off our rental car -- so we need a place to stay that is near the airport, not expensive, and clean... No frills, really. Though guess an attached restaurant and bar would be good... Any suggestions?

The HIlton Garden Inn seems the closest, but is a bit pricey for how little we need. Other places seem like they will cost quite a bit in taxis... And it looks like hanging out at the airport is not really an option! Not sure what to do... Thanks for any advice!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,501 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near Liberia airport?

Hotel El Bramadero...by Pan Am Hwy...great place...affordable...good food...great location!

Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near Liberia airport?

The hotel Santa Ana is 5 minutes from the Liberia airport.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
754 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay near Liberia airport?

I've been getting a lot of clients lately that are staying at El Punto B&B. Haven't seen it personally but on the website it seems decent.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay near Liberia airport?

You can also look at Best Western Las Espuelas which I like a lot. I also recommend El Bramadero.

alerogodom: I don't remember seeing Hotel Santa Ana - is it across the highway from the MOPT office?

axplore: El Punto is located near the big shopping center on the corner of the road to the airport and the PanAmerican Highway, just behind the big bus stop on the highway. It used to be a language school, I think. I know where it is but have never been inside one of the rooms. My only concern would be noise as it is located in a busy area. It is reviewed here on TA so maybe that would help someone.

Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay near Liberia airport?

garden court in front of the airport,

Level Contributor
131 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay near Liberia airport?

definately skip the Hilton, over priced and isolated!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,423 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay near Liberia airport?

I've stayed at Hotel Santa Ana a couple times. Rooms on the web site look big..let me assure you they are not! But, with a/c and cable, the price is right for a few hours sleep and it certainly is close to the airport!

playa conchal
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay near Liberia airport?

la espuelas is good option

9. Re: Where to stay near Liberia airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 04:16