We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liberia CR early morning flight out

Which Liberia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Daphne, Alabama
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Liberia CR early morning flight out

I have a 6:00 flight out of Liberia, where is a suggestion to stay, returning the car the evening before. How do I get to the airport from the hotel and how early should I get to the Airport prior to the 6:00 a.m. flight? Thanks

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liberia CR early morning flight out

Prior to 6 am flight, be at the airport at 4 am.

I would return the car the evening before and then take a taxi to one of the nearby hotels. Santa Ana and Llanos del Plano are both nearby, inexpensive Costa Rican style hotels. Also near the airport is the Hilton Garden Inn, more expensive and kind of "cookie cutter" hotel.

The hotel will arrange a taxi for you to the airport. Just tell them what time you need the taxi. They are used to people leaving at all hours for the airport.

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liberia CR early morning flight out

Hilton Garden Inn is less than 5 minutes away. I believe they have a shuttle otherwise a taxi will be a couple of bucks. I'd plan on leaving the hotel at 4am.

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
205 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liberia CR early morning flight out

The Hilton is about like every other Hilton Garden Inn...generic but predictable It does have a shuttle and leaving the hotel by 4am should give you plenty of time. Paying your departure tax ahead of time will speed the process as well--you can pay it at the booth on the day you arrive or stop by the airport and pay it any day before you depart. That process seems to have the longest line/wait. Many hotels also will assist you with this for a fee. Overall the process for checking in at LIR goes very smoothly and quickly.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liberia CR early morning flight out

Dear Soly...

If you are flying out the 13th of Jan and up...you will be using the brand new LIR terminal...Hilton is a great choice...also..:El Sitio Best Western...Las Espuelas...I really like simple and nice El Bramadero...

roadadvisor

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liberia CR early morning flight out

Hi SolyLuna

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn the night before our early flight. Have written a review check it out on my profile.They do provide a free shuttle (10 mins)plus you can pay the dep tax at the hotel..much quicker/easier than at the airport.Typical Hilton hotel but with amazing comfortable beds...best nights sleep ever which I needed before our very long trip back to the UK. We also had an evening meal in the resto which was good.Point to note if you have dropped yr hire car off ....there are no local restos nearby. There is a pool which we didnt use. One other thing they do provide small selection of pastries and superb coffee in a poly cup while you are waiting for the shuttle.

All in all we felt we had good value/service...

Any Qs send me a PM and have a fantastic trip to a wonderful country..cant wait till we visit again

KCC

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liberia CR early morning flight out

Hiya Hattie

Just re read your post about the HGI....what do you mean about the hotel being a "cookie cutter" hotel...it made me smile ... but what does it mean ?

I do appreciate that it does not in any way reflect a typical CR hotel...just a mass chain group...but please enlighten me as Im intrigued.

Our trip to CR was a wonderful experience and the information I had from all you DEs prior to our trip was invaluable. Keep up the good work...

KCC

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liberia CR early morning flight out

Hattie have some funny ways to explain things ... love it...COOKIE CUTTER???

Nice to have a person like Hattie in a forum like the Costa Rica forum...she is very much what Costa Rica is all about...HAPPY PEOPLE!

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Liberia CR early morning flight out

kathy - I mean it has no personality and is like any other chain hotel you will find in Orlando or anywhere. Why come to Costa Rica to stay in a place like this?

For a Costa Rican hotel (and half the price) take a look at Hotel Santa Ana or Hotel Rincon del Llano. Each of these is less than 10 minutes from the airport. Having a shuttle is not a big deal because you can ask your hotel to arrange a taxi for you and he will be waiting when you are ready in the morning. It will cost around $2-3 for the taxi.

Very near Hotel Santa Ana is a great Costa Rican restaurant - La Choza de Laurel. You can have a great dinner here at a reasonable price and actually feel like you are in Costa Rica.

To get a feel for these places: If you are traveling from Liberia, you will pass Hotel Santa Ana first (on your left - a yellow building), and then La Choza de Laurel (also on your left.) The airport comes next and after that, Rincon del Llano.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Liberia CR early morning flight out

Ahh..... now I understand Hattie...I will remember that one.Totally agree about your thoughts re HGI ie no personality but they sure did hv comfy beds L.O.L ...!!! When we come back to CR I will check out these other options you mentioned.. much better idea espec with the local resto nearby

Luis..Great to hear the new terminal is opening this week...more visitors I presume to add to the countrys economy. I still keep looking for a direct flight into LIR from the UK to open up..no luck yet.The flight we took from the UK plus transit time in Houston nearly killed me !!!!

Safe Travels

KCC

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Liberia CR early morning flight out

If you are staying at a beach in Quanacaste, such as Playa Hermosa you are only 25 minutes from Liberia Airport. If you want to be closer, try Rincon del Llano - it is a locally operated hotel, great hospitality and 5 minutes from the airport. They will drive you for a fee (don't know what it is) or you can order a taxi the night before. If you rent a car from Adobe, you will find their office just a few hundred yards from this hotel, and will drive you to the hotel after you return your car. They recommend you be at the airport 2 hours before departure time; but it is a small airport and things move smoothly. Good luck.

FandD1525