We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TOTAL Gas Station, Liberia Airport

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
TOTAL Gas Station, Liberia Airport

The TOTAL gas station about 7kms west of the Liberia Airport is a known station to most people who rent a car at LIR...it is the closest to the airport. It has a reputation for being very creative in the ways it rips off travelers who are on the way to dropping off their rental car. A recent scam is to copy the information on the credit card and then submit a second charge and the only way the traveler knows that has happened is when the credit card statement arrives and there are two gasoline purchases noted on the same day. A variation is to note the charge to TOTAL but in another city, such as San Jose.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TOTAL Gas Station, Liberia Airport

Thanks for the post. I will notify the Chamber of Tourism so they can talk to the managers. Thanks for the alert.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TOTAL Gas Station, Liberia Airport

Very good to know. Thanks for posting.

Alajuela, Costa Rica
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TOTAL Gas Station, Liberia Airport

Great post, always remember also dont leave the Car ¨Alone¨.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,659 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TOTAL Gas Station, Liberia Airport

Thank you...I´m in my way to Liberia...I will stop and ask the manager about it...Gracias good tip!

roadadvisor

Canada
Level Contributor
4,049 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TOTAL Gas Station, Liberia Airport

roadadvisor while you are there ask about the gas situaton. I understand stations are running out because of the strike.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,659 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TOTAL Gas Station, Liberia Airport

YES it is bad...hopefully is going to be resolve in the next few hours!

Thank you CanaTico...our great Canadian ambassador. that loves and respect OUR country..we need more like you!

roadadvisor

Edited: 04 September 2012, 19:29
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: TOTAL Gas Station, Liberia Airport

There were very big lines on the gas stations this morning. The strike has been lifted. Gas stations will return to normal in the next few hours. Ben too bad to hear about the scam in Liberia

Edited: 04 September 2012, 21:13
8. Re: TOTAL Gas Station, Liberia Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2013, 10:18