We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours from Liberia

Dallas
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tours from Liberia

Hi All,

We are going to stay in the Hilton Garden Inn in Liberia for 5 nights. How do we plan our tours? What are the best tours? We are interested in going to Arenal and Monte Verde and some beaches in Papagayo.

Any advice is appreciated.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours from Liberia

Hey, We just got back from Guanacaste. We flew into Liberia and stayed in Papagayo and Playa Hermosa. We booked with a local guide for some excursions. He was fantastic. His name is Herson Segura his email is herson03@yahoo.com. He handles everything if you want. If you have any questions, send me a message.

Are you staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on Hilton Points? We were going to but changed our minds. I used my points at the Hilton Papagayo then paid for our other rooms. Please feel free to contact me I just got back and I am sure I can help you get the most out of your trip.

Dallas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours from Liberia

Thanks for your reply. Are tours more expensive than driving by ourselves?

No. We are not using our points for staying at Hilton.

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours from Liberia

There are some beautiful beaches nearby, I'd really recommend staying elsewhere.

Issaquah, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours from Liberia

My husband and I were in Liberia, Playa Hermosa in November. We went on several trips around the area, from zip lining to visiting the Tabacon Thermal Resort.

While we could have rented a car, we found an excellent driver, guide, and travelling companion at Costaricagroundtransfers.com. His name is Santos Fuentos, fuentessantos81@hotmail.com. Not only did he seem to know every species of bird, animal and plant we saw, he was excellent company.

Exploring is good, but knowing what you are looking at while you are going and coming makes the trip really memorable.

5. Re: Tours from Liberia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 11:18