We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liberia Duty Free

Which Liberia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Liberia Duty Free

Hello all, we will be flying into Costa Rica in April and I was wondering about the duty free shop. I have read that you can purchase upon arrival, which is great to not have to deal with bringing it from the US, but I am wondering what kind of selection they have.

Looking for some whiskey(Jameson's, Bushmill's, etc.) and some gin(bombay, tanqueray, etc.) and a couple odds and ends. Anyone know if they may have these things?

Thanks!!!

Georgetown, Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liberia Duty Free

They definately had Tanqueray gin (we bought 4 bottles for a friend that was picking us up), They also had the whiskey. We picked up some yummy coconut rum, and some Irish cream type liqueur (for coffee). Not a bad selection.. We bought wine at the grocery store in town..Clos was surprisingly good (and inexpensive)

Portland, Oregon
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Liberia Duty Free

Okay, thanks for the info. That sounds great! So cool that you can get duty free on your way in instead of hassling with getting it there!

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liberia Duty Free

disregard my post....got answered in the other thread

Edited: 26 March 2013, 16:18
Port Moody, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liberia Duty Free

We visited a couple of weeks ago. There is a small duty free shop on both the departure and arrivals levels.

There is not a lot of selection, but we did buy a bottle of Johnny Walker "Double Black", which was $42 USD and was introduced this year at Duty Free Shops only. It is not yet available (at least in Canada) at any retail outlets.

We bought this upon arriving in Costa Rica, and packed it into our checked baggage for going home. Please note, if you fly United Airlines, they do not have duty free purchases on board to and from Liberia airport.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,844 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liberia Duty Free

rmcda1 I know the duty free folks will tell you that they are the only place you can buy Double Black but this is not true. I know because this is one of my favourite "Whiskey con Aguas" Double Black has been available at LCBO's in Ontario for about two years. It is however a limited edition, and is not being produced anymore, so you are now lucky to see it on the shelves.It is, however MUCH less expensice at the duty fre , so it you see it - buy it, and then call em! JaB

6. Re: Liberia Duty Free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Liberia