We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips from the Allegro Papagaya

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
874 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trips from the Allegro Papagaya

Where do I find prices for day trips? Is there any competition with the trips, different companies offering the same trips? I'd like to see prices so I know what to budget for our trip. Can you book before you leave home over the internet? Thanks!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
148 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trips from the Allegro Papagaya

Hi Beachbummum,

I've sent you a private message with the information of the guide we used while staying at the Allegro. Hope you find it helpful.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trips from the Allegro Papagaya

Very much the same tours...different operators..prices abou the same...some independent people...but some times they can run with your money...deal with a well known operator in the are!

Some times trying to save a buck ...can end up in a big headache!

Yes you can book before arrival!

roadadvisor@hotmail.com

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!

New York
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trips from the Allegro Papagaya

Lizzy9,

I just sent you a PM asking for the same info you are sending to

beachbummum. Will appreciate your feedback.

NewYorkChutzpah

West Coast (of Lake...
Level Contributor
133 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trips from the Allegro Papagaya

I attempted to book ahead of time for the Nicaragua trip with CAT tours, one of the operators out of the Allegro. Unfortunately, there weren't enough people signed up to go so the reservation was cancelled.

However, once I got down there I was able to easily book the same trip with Swiss Travel who had more than enough to go. Swiss Travel was clearly the superior tour company out of the Allegro.

We discovered it to be almost easier just to book when we got there. We were also often offered side deals with friends of the tour reps and had I not had other stuff planned, I probably would have taken them up on one of them (Rincon de la Viejo hike).

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
874 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trips from the Allegro Papagaya

thanks everyone! thanks Lizzy I may pm you later on.

6. Re: Day Trips from the Allegro Papagaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 09:19